Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please check out my hiway pegs on my R. I ran 180+ miles yesterday with them. I keep moving them around a little. I think I got it now. They are just a little awkward at the moment. As long as no one was around I used them. They helped take a little presure off the sac. :angeldev: I could sit a little further back on the Sundowner. I think that I'm going to like them.

Doc

Attachments

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
how do ya like that seat? I really want one...the highway pegs were a great idea!

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bgjames111 said:
how do ya like that seat? I really want one...
I'm thinking that by itself the Sundowner would not be the answer for me. Maybe that's just my roids talking.:paper:

Anyway, the ride yesterday was very good by splitting the time on the mid pegs and pushing on the hiway pegs.

I see a trip to the Dragon in my near future. That'll be 450 miles one way. That should answer all of my questions.

Doc

·
Registered
249 Posts
:them:

Hey Doc,

I did the same thing. I was in a hurry for the trip to Daytona Bike Week so I grabbed what was available off the shelf. I'd like more stretch but it definitely improves the ride and as I have said somewhere in this forum...it helps sit you back in the Sundowner. (The boys appreciate the relief of pressure. :D )

I was thinking of getting some new ones with more off-set. Like I said, I like the thought of stretching out a little more. Which ones did you use?

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
I would just be able to ride 200 to 300 miles in one day, and be able to walk afterward. I can do about 150 to 200 on the stock seat and that's about it.

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
davetpilot said:
:them:

I was thinking of getting some new ones with more off-set. Like I said, I like the thought of stretching out a little more. Which ones did you use?
Dave,

I bought the H-D 50832-07 from Zonotti's for $70.62 plus shipping. They don't quite line up very well with anything as far as the lines of the bike are concerned, but they are functional. And with those long pegs that I got from 05rodman they really feel nice.

Doc

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey thanks Doc,

The ones I have actually line up well with the bike. At least I think so. That's something that might not be worth giving up for a another inch of stretch.

Thanks again.

·
Pale, acute, mobile
159 Posts
Hey Doc,

If you find that the angle becomes an issue because of the inconvenient crash bar geometry on the R, try a set of right-angle mounts from Kuryakyn. You'll find them listed in the Metric Cruiser section under Footpegs. You end up with three adjustable axis to get the exact fit:
  • Rotate the clamp around the crash bar.
  • Rotate the right-angle mount arm around the bolt at the clamp.
  • Rotate the clevis at the end of the right-angle mount arm.
The combination of pieces that I used are:
1 of 4511 Short Right Angle Mounts (pr): ($89.99 each)
1 of 1000 1-1/4" I.D. Magnum Quick Clamp (pr): ($39.99 each)
1 of 8002 Large Male Mount ISO-Peg (pr): ($44.99 each)

It's important to note that the part of the right-angle mount that prevents unintended rotation of the arm at the clamp will not mate correctly over the H-D three-piece clamp; you'd need the Kuryakyn clamps.

Best regards,

Ghost

Attachments

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ghost,

Thanx for the info and the fotos. Those look good. :plause:

Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts