Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did something yesterday that I had never done before on my R. I was out riding with one of my good friends and we hit an open stretch with no cars in sight. He rolled on the throttle of his Victory Hammer and I nailed the throttle on my R. I pulled ahead immediately and just kept the throttle wide open until I hit the rev limiter in 5th gear!!!!! Never done that before. What a rush that was. I have been over 130 on it before, but never bounced the limiter in 5th!!!:notworth:

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Cool.:notworth:

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I've never hit it in 5th. I've had it up over 130 and the wind wanted to rip my 1/2 helmet off along wih my head, so I backed off. Since I always ride with a 1/2 helmet I don't see me getting it up that fast.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wear full face while riding, unless I am riding 2 up with my girl. Then I wear my half helmet. We have matching helmets :hidesbeh:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In all fairness, I bought them way back when i still had the sporty!!

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
I have a 30 tooth on my 03 and have never hit the limiter in 5th. And I swear I was nudging 140. But it is kinda hard to see at that speed. And WAY fun!

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
So, how fast were you going when you hit it?

·
Registered
623 Posts
That's fun ain't it!! Have done it a couple times. 143 indicated on my R. Backed off and "cruised" at redline for about 10 miles at 3/4 throttle, what a blast. Out in the middle of no were, no drive ways, intersections or even turn offs. Nothing but sawgrass and swamp to harm, uh, except myself {:0

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not real sure, was tucked in real low and could not see the speedo clearly. Somewhere north of 130 is all I know.

·
Banned
288 Posts
Bro...I think it's time to take a look at the clutch.Sounds like a little top end slippage.Have you made any clutch mod's ? I noticed in your avitar that she's been down the track a time or two,you might want to have a look.And please don't do that again unless your on the track,the consequences could be terrible.

Blackcat :nos

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
I wear full face while riding, unless I am riding 2 up with my girl. Then I wear my half helmet. We have matching helmets :hidesbeh:
Rob and I have matching Carbon fibers :) But we have 2 bikes as well :)

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was the limiter for sure. It did the same as when I hit the limiter in the lower gears. My clutch is stock right now.

Black Cat said:
Bro...I think it's time to take a look at the clutch.Sounds like a little top end slippage.Have you made any clutch mod's ? I noticed in your avitar that she's been down the track a time or two,you might want to have a look.And please don't do that again unless your on the track,the consequences could be terrible.

Blackcat :nos

·
Banned
288 Posts
In high gear with all the resistance and lack of mechanical avantage it's easier for the clutch to slip thus letting the engine rev into the limiter.If your equiped with a 28tooth pully on your bike It should go 130mph+++
BlackCat:nos

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
The bad thing about going that fast is when you hear someone say, "watch this,,,,,,,followed by "Oh sh*t! LOL

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
good deal!!! i have hit 4th but not 5th thought i was close a couple of times and ran out of room

1 - 20 of 27 Posts