Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when you think it couldn't happen to you...it does. I went down on my bike today. A woman cut into my lane of travel without a signal or even looking. I was forced to lay it down or become "road pizza" ! I went down on my right side at about 25mph and slid for about 20'. The B$%#H didn't even stop....just kept on going. She knew I went down because she stepped on the gas to run the red light we were approaching. Thankfully, there were several good samaritans who chased her and got the plate before she hit the freeway. A teenager stopped to lend a hand and celphone. And a woman came back to the scene after the police unit arrived to make a statement as a witness. I sprained my right wrist (good thing I'm married), smashed my hip up pretty good and got some good ole road rash on my right arm. I estimate about $2000 damage to the bike, mostly cosmetic stuff. A point of interest was that my footpeg was pushed almost complely rearward. It really saved the bike...acted just like highway bars. That part of the frame, however, will have to be repalced because the peg almost completly sheared from the frame. Anyway, it's nice to know that people are there to help others in need. Just a reminder to all of you to be careful....cuz the idiots on 4 wheels seldom are. Ride safe!

Zeeman :)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Zeeman I feel for you, it's a jungle out there. Just glad to hear that your alright with some minor injuries. Bikes can be replaced .

Keep us upto date on when they hang the cager.

Max

·
MARK
644 Posts
Zeeman.....happy to see you still here!!!
there is no excuse for bad automobile driving............... and to leave the scene!!!! I hope justice gets served....

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Zee,
Does she Know she just took out one of Metro's Finest?:eek: Were the cops that came friends of yours?Did they shoot her for ya?:diablo: Let me know if the Old Body gonna need some rehab Therapy I know a really good one!;)

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Zee,
That SUCKS! Got to be an additional penalty for fleeing the scene of an accident! I hope you make a full, speedy recovery. Now stable your mount, brush her coat, rework you tack and ride as soon as possible!

Mike

P.S. Your should be expecting a plain brown envelope in your snail-mailbox soon!

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Unfortunately, if there is not actual contact between the offending vehicle and the motorcycle, it may be prove somewhat difficult to prove that the person caused the accident.

Of course, if there are eyewitnesses who give statements to the police, etc. it could be possible - but I wouldn't hold your breath.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Zeeman, glad to hear that you are doing OK. I hope that yo get back riding again.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Damn, sounds like you'll be ok, and that's a good thing, but on to the important question: what about the BIKE ? :confused: Will she be okay? And let us know what happens when the lady who hit you is contacted...

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Drew,
Just in case you didn't Know Zeeman is a Sargent in the Metropolitan Police department.I think his word is pretty GOLDEN!:angelwing She's gonna FRY!:1:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the kind comments!:)
I'll be running the bike into ER on Tues after I get hold of my insurance company. When this woman is found I'm sure her reply will be "I didn't know or see anything" (boo hoo). Criminally, it's doubtful she will be held accountable other than with a number of citations. The insurance companies will end up battling this out. And if that doesn't work to my satisfaction I can always find one of the 10 bazillion lawyers here in Vegas to go after her! I'm just glad I wasn't going as fast as Kaz when I hit....I don't have a fancy "suit" to keep my butt "rash free"! So Kaz....know where I can get a deal?? I have a handsome face and rugged body to protect!:D

Zeeman

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I think I can help you out!;) PM me and we can work out the details!:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Zeeman, I'm glad you're OK my man!!!! Hang in there and if you catch the beeeaatch, give her a good kick in the @ss fo all of us V-Rodders!!!!!!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thank goodness you are ok..........

And be happy that there was a couple good people around. That happens so seldom anymore. Hope everything goes well.
BobT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts