Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a deer tues. at 5:30 am on my way to work.I was doing maybe 50-55 then all i see is brown,it must of jumped right on my front tire.Slapped me and the bike down on the right side hard and fast, slid to a stop on head and shoulder right in the middle of the road on a sharp corner with the bike on me. It took me a few minutes to relise where I was. Then I knew was in trouble, I could hardly breath with a bike on me sideways in the middle of the road in the dark. I knew I was going to get ran over if I didnt do something.I finally pulled myself from under the bike and was able to flag down an truck before it hit my bike. I feel lucky that I had my hemet on (its trashed) and that I was on my klx400 on off road dirt bike,dont know If I could of got out from under the rod..I broke my collar bone and brused the whole right side of my body throw in a little road rash and thats about It. The bike is fixable.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Sorry to hear that - Glad to see you are OK and you weren't on the V Rod.. I ride down a stretch of road at 5:00 am every morning doing 55 mph that is known to have a few deer and I have been lucky so far not to have any jump out of the bushes.

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
nightrodjc said:
Hit a deer tues. at 5:30 am on my way to work.I was doing maybe 50-55 then all i see is brown,it must of jumped right on my front tire.Slapped me and the bike down on the right side hard and fast, slid to a stop on head and shoulder right in the middle of the road on a sharp corner with the bike on me. It took me a few minutes to relise where I was. Then I knew was in trouble, I could hardly breath with a bike on me sideways in the middle of the road in the dark. I knew I was going to get ran over if I didnt do something.I finally pulled myself from under the bike and was able to flag down an truck before it hit my bike. I feel lucky that I had my hemet on (its trashed) and that I was on my klx400 on off road dirt bike,dont know If I could of got out from under the rod..I broke my collar bone and brused the whole right side of my body throw in a little road rash and thats about It. The bike is fixable.
WOW...sorry to hear about your accident...but, glad it was not worse. I've wacked a few of those peskey critters in my day too. Could of been a lot worse. Heal quick n ride safe. :moped:

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Got to be one of the scariest accidents you could think of. Glad your alright man.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Wow!!!!
Glad you are ok.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Glad it was not worse. I live down a country road too. Sun-up and sundown I hug the center line giving me the best chance of avoiding deer coming from either side of the road. Those f__xers are so quick. I have heard some real biker vs. deer horror stories.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hamletexpress said:
Got to be one of the scariest accidents you could think of. Glad your alright man.
Yea, I was pretty shook up. All my years of dirt rideing did'nt help me a bit on this one!! Looks like I'll be sitting around the house on drugs for the next 4 to 6 weeks..

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
nightrodjc said:
Looks like I'll be sitting around the house on drugs for the next 4 to 6 weeks..
Geeeeez, some guys will do anything to get out of going to work... :angeldev: Hmmmmmm, that gives me an idea.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stomper said:
Geeeeez, some guys will do anything to get out of going to work... :angeldev: Hmmmmmm, that gives me an idea.
Thats what my boss said...

·
Orange,Black,Chrome!
1,220 Posts
Glad you are OK. Sounds like quite a ride.

·
Extreme Rod
257 Posts
Man that sucks. Glad you’re ok. I cringe just imagining being stuck under the bike.

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
Glad you're ok! Deer is one of my biggest concerns when riding. Of course that could be because I live on DEERWOODS DRIVE off of DEERFIELD ROAD. Everything around me is called deersomething !

·
Registered
103 Posts
Damn, get well soon. You need some of those "Wall of Flame Wings" from Wings Ect. I hear they will cure all pain. LOL Take care-Mike

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK and were not on the V-Rod.... "fixable" is a good thing.

HH

·
The Hawk
3,892 Posts
Wow, heck of a way to go deer hunting! You do have a hunting license don't you? Deer tag? Are motorcycles legal hunting weapons in your state? Oh, nevermind, just the old game warden coming out again.

Mike

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Have you stopped shaking yet?? What a SCARY experience! Sure am glad you're mostly ok. Take good care of yourself.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
glad you are ok .. i see all kinds of animals every day driving.. they scare me a little .. ok ALOT..

heal up soon and get back on!

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
Glad you are OK. I worry about that everytime I ride after dark. Get well soon!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts