Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not believe what I just found on ebay v rod parts. There is an OEM 02-06 fuel tank listed for $250+S/H. They are selling here for $50.00 . Is anyone that stupid or uninformed to pay that outrageous amount for what may be a take off part that is gonna be replaced by a Ricks or UE 5gallon tank. I guess its buyer beware for the v rod owners who don,t know whats happening. There's a Fool born every minute and someone looking to fleece him. :paper:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Is the seller out of Pennsylvania? VRODS-R-US?
He was buying parts here, to mark up there.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
The same seller has one for $65.00, "buy it now", just below that listing!
He has been "discussed" here before.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEA!!! I remember that Some took up for him saying its a free market but I find that anyone who is informed is not gonna pay too much its the poor sucker who doesn,t know the real value who is going too pay too much. Here you can pass on a good deal to someone who may need a good price knowing that what you just sold will not be resold for a profit. Hell I just bought some things at a great price to use that I know they were worth much more on eBay, thanks to shurshot.....and others here.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
what was this this guys user name on 1130? I have contemplated buying a few parts from him but he seemed alittle sketchy.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
That whole thing from Harley is about $800, new! Assuming pump, filter, sender , tank etc.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I could not believe what I just found on ebay v rod parts. There is an OEM 02-06 fuel tank listed for $250+S/H. They are selling here for $50.00 . Is anyone that stupid or uninformed to pay that outrageous amount for what may be a take off part that is gonna be replaced by a Ricks or UE 5gallon tank. I guess its buyer beware for the v rod owners who don,t know whats happening. There's a Fool born every minute and someone looking to fleece him. :paper:
Why not,a 5 gallon aftermarket tank costs $600!!!!

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
VRODS-R-US has a boat load of what looks to be some good quality parts listed on eBay.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
VRODS-R-US has a boat load of what looks to be some good quality parts listed on eBay.
That he buys at pennies on the dollar here and marks up there on ebay. If I remember correctly he at one time was using bogus sob stories to get better deals here and then just turning them around at grossly inflated prices on ebay. I will recant if its another seller that was doing this but he does buy cheap here whenever he can. Back in the day when this forum was more of a family it was a shitty practice but I guess times have changed and some people actually admire what he does.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
That he buys at pennies on the dollar here and marks up there on ebay. If I remember correctly he at one time was using bogus sob stories to get better deals here and then just turning them around at grossly inflated prices on ebay. I will recant if its another seller that was doing this but he does buy cheap here whenever he can. Back in the day when this forum was more of a family it was a shitty practice but I guess times have changed and some people actually admire what he does.
I don't think he's the be all & end all as far as parts go for the VROD. But I've seen some pretty decent deals he has listed. That's all I'm saying.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i thought a fair price was a price two people agree on? kmart/walmart/target hell any retail store buys things or has them made for pennies on the dollar and it's still purchased, does anyone go to walmart and try to talk them down on a box of shotgun shells or talk them down on a music cd or movie?

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I always thought if you didn't like the price you moved on. Seems easy enough to me. Apparently not!

Why trash the guy?

If someone wants to pay what he's asking so be it.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I always thought if you didn't like the price you moved on. Seems easy enough to me. Apparently not!
The trouble is when people buy things here cheap to resell, before the member that needs the parts to get his bike back together has a chance.

ie: $40.00 pulley here vs. $100.00 EBay pulley!

I have even given free parts to members, and would be upset to see them immediately resold.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
The trouble is when people buy things here cheap to resell, before the member that needs the parts to get his bike back together has a chance.

ie: $40.00 pulley here vs. $100.00 EBay pulley!

I have even given free parts to members, and would be upset to see them immediately resold.
thats the dumbest shit i've ever heard!
if someone is in "need" of a car do you think all the car lots are going to wait until those that "need" a car comes and gets there car before they sell to anyone else?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts