Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been fighting with high idle for a while now and cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong with it.

2011 V rod Muscle

Once the bike warms up i get check engine light and a P0505 air idle control code and my RPMs start going from 1250-1500-2000. Once i start riding it runs great and the light goes off. Once i stop at the the traffic light the RPM's start slowly to increase and check engine light comes on... Only mods are V&H slip ons, High flow filter and v&H fuel pak.(bought like this)

These are the thing i did so far and nothing changed.

Bike has a new battery, checked all grounds and connections and all are OK

1. clean and eventually replace IAC motor

2. inspect and replace throttle body gasket and throttle body boots.

3. Replace TPS sensor.

4. Re-install OEM air filter and remove fuel pak. (this caused bike to run eve worse)

My next LOGICAL would be dirty injectors? Does it make sense that once the fuel pak is plugged in it runs and idles semi OK? once the fuel pak is un-pluged it runs like crap. Are the injector(s) dirty and do not spray enough fuel during idle? Once the fuel pak is plugged in it compensates for the lack of flow and adds more fuel to make it run semi ok?

I am at a loss and want to burn this bike down.

If you have any ideas on what i could do next please let me know.

Thanks
Rob

I

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well u might want to check fuel pressure. Or unplug temp sender and see what happens. I would not think your programming is affected by the fuel pack. But u never know, it could have. If so maybe u could have a stage 2 program done and that might get it straight. I am assuming u have aftermarket exhaust and air filter. One other thing check the fuel tank vent hose. See if it is pinched closed. Fuel injectors maybe. Just think you should have other issues also. Like running rich/lean, back firing. Starting issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts