Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· 1130cc Ninja
3,971 Posts
Biker Bill said:
Maybe some people will take a hint...
:notworth:

by far the way you did the mod is the best way to do this. It is in a location that is easier to work with sure to the slack you have to work with in the wiring. Also soldering an electrical connection is far better in longevity than using any type of solderless connection. You just need to be sure when taping the wires that you make sure there arent any frays sticking through the tape and that your tape is good and tight and will not peel back exposing the wiring.

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks. I did after all use RJ's recommendation. He is the V-ROD electrical GURU. Look at the tape again. It is on good and tight. I overlapped it on the factory conduit.

· 1130cc Ninja
3,971 Posts
Biker Bill said:
Thanks. I did after all use RJ's recommendation. He is the V-ROD electrical GURU. Look at the tape again. It is on good and tight. I overlapped it on the factory conduit.
I wasn't saying yours wasn't done right.... just simply putting that out there for future search results :stooge:

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
VenomousSVT said:
I wasn't saying yours wasn't done right.... just simply putting that out there for future search results :stooge:
Oh I know, so was I.:D Stang / VR owners think alike.:thumb:

· Scott
492 Posts
Wow....interesting.

· 1130cc Ninja
3,971 Posts
devlpr said:
Wow....interesting.

no, your post about your method being better based upon nothing was interesting.

· I'm Bored
1,740 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
so you are 110% sure, because you can foresee the future, that had you not tapped these two wires together you wouldn't be posting here now?

sshhhhhhhhhhh.......................whew! My house just almost got hit by an airplane.....if hadn't been for the porch light being on I would've been history just now!:stilpoke:

· 1130cc Ninja
3,971 Posts
sgtrage said:
sshhhhhhhhhhh.......................whew! My house just almost got hit by an airplane.....if hadn't been for the porch light being on I would've been history just now!:stilpoke:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i see what you did there

· Friend of Max.
21,714 Posts
Biker Bill said:
I though I'd post up a modification I did today. The inspiration comes from RJ and a few other members here. The idea is to have the low beam operate normally. Then when you switch to high beam, the low beam remains lit providing "more" light, per say. I haven't tried this out at night but it really lit up my garage in the day light. I think this is an easy quick mod anyone familiar with simple soldering/wiring techniques. Thanks RJ for the idea! On with the pics...

THIS WORKS ON 04' VRSCB and similar headlights....

Back on Topic for a second:

1. If you are using the HD garage door opener, don't bother doing this. It won't work with the opener.

2. If you take apart the hand control connector itself, you can solder a 16g or 18g wire directly to the crimp of the Deutsch connector and you don't have to worry about weather or not your taping job will be good. Not to mention a few seconds to take this jumper off if you ever need to.

RJ

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
rjrivero said:
Back on Topic for a second:

1. If you are using the HD garage door opener, don't bother doing this. It won't work with the opener.

2. If you take apart the hand control connector itself, you can solder a 16g or 18g wire directly to the crimp of the Deutsch connector and you don't have to worry about weather or not your taping job will be good. Not to mention a few seconds to take this jumper off if you ever need to.

RJ
RJ. I copied and past this to my original post so others won't have to go through the BS to get to this important info. Thanks.:D

1,016 Posts
This was my quickest mod ever, with mirrors a close second. Under the left cover, disconnected the deutsch connector, bought a $0.85 tap splice connector, lined up the wires, pinch, snap the cover over it and reconnect the deutsch, put the left cover back on and wow, bright lights! It took about 3 minutes...

· VRSCDX
461 Posts
i'm just wondering. w/ a stock DX headlight...which uses a single H4 bulb, this can't be done right? i think i just answered my own question but i had to ask.

i'm getting a single lamp HID kit from DDM instead of the hi/lo kit and i'm just trying to figure out how i can make the whole lamp light up instead of just half the headlight. any suggestions?

· K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
bump for the newbies looking to do this mod

· Friend of Max.
21,714 Posts
does anyone know what wires I will need to connect to do this mod on my sons 2001 Night Train .Thanks , Kenny O
Same ones. Yellow and Blue. The headlight wiring is the same.

· Registered
137 Posts
will this work on a 2011 muscle?

· K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if the muscle is a VRSC then it will work

· Registered
661 Posts
Does anyone know how I would achieve the same funcationality on my 2006 Yukon XL? I've gone to HIDs and of course have the same issue. I don't (yet) have a wiring diagram but I'm having a hard time even conceptualizing how this trick works. (I'm no electrician)

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.