Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
6,249 Posts
devlpr said:
There's an easier way to do this headlight mod that only works with the "A" headlights. Here it is:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69378

With pictures of the mod:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68876

Biker Bill said:
I thought it would be obvious this mod is meant for 2004 VRSCB and similar headlights... guess not. Thanks for correcting my oversight.
Actually both of the techniques discussed here that involve connecting the "blue" colored lighting wire to the "yellow" colored low beam wire will work with either "A" or "B" headlights (H11/H9 or H4 bulbs) to connect the low beam permanently to "on".

The "viper tap" shown in thread 68876 maybe easier, but it isn't the most reliable technique for motorcycle wiring.

· Premium Member
6,249 Posts
Don't do it the ways listed in this thread. There is a much better and easier way. All you need to do is switch the yellow and orange wires (that's what they are on my 08') at the plug from the bike to the light harness. ALL bikes in Europe have the low beam on ALL THE TIME and Harley has ALL the bikes wired the same. Do a bit more research on the topic and you will find the technique I'm telling you about. No need to cut, solder, tape or any of that nonsense.
There a few downsides to that technique:
  1. Your low beam will be on with the ignition switch in both the IGN and the ACC positions.
  2. The LIGHTS fuse will no longer feed the low beam bulb and could lead to confusion when diagnosing problems.
  3. The ACCY fuse will have an additional 5 amp load reducing what's available for other accessories.
I think connecting the blue LIGHTS circuit wire to the yellow low beam feed wire is not that much more difficult and will keep the headlight circuit on the LIGHTS fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.