Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 VRSCB High/Low Beam Modification

I though I'd post up a modification I did today. The inspiration comes from RJ and a few other members here. The idea is to have the low beam operate normally. Then when you switch to high beam, the low beam remains lit providing "more" light, per say. I haven't tried this out at night but it really lit up my garage in the day light. I think this is an easy quick mod anyone familiar with simple soldering/wiring techniques. Thanks RJ for the idea! On with the pics...
rjrivero said:
1. If you are using the HD garage door opener, don't bother doing this. It won't work with the opener.

2. If you take apart the hand control connector itself, you can solder a 16g or 18g wire directly to the crimp of the Deutsch connector and you don't have to worry about weather or not your taping job will be good. Not to mention a few seconds to take this jumper off if you ever need to.

RJ

THIS WORKS ON 04' VRSCB and similar headlights....

Attachments

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NightRod ELPASO said:
Are there two seperate bulbs for the hi and lo? I know on my 06 NR there is only a single bulb.
devlpr said:
There's an easier way to do this headlight mod that only works with the "A" headlights. Here it is:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69378

With pictures of the mod:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68876

I thought it would be obvious this mod is meant for 2004 VRSCB and similar headlights... guess not. Thanks for correcting my oversight.

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
devlpr said:
Read all the posts...you'll figure it out.

Alright enough is enough. No need to . devlpr, I got the idea from those threads. I just chose to use RJ's suggestion of using the wires behind the cover. Now let it go. This is posted in the how to section. Not in a "Lets put our :2cents: in to someones thread".:D

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
devlpr said:
They were both on the cell phone (I was RIGHT in front of them) they started to turn braked suddenly and their front end dipped.

You know it when you see it!

Don't forget to add your modified head light to your list of stuff in you signature...:hiding:

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VenomousSVT said:
just so you know.... you signature SUCKS!!!!!
Thank you!!:D

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe some people will take a hint...

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks. I did after all use RJ's recommendation. He is the V-ROD electrical GURU. Look at the tape again. It is on good and tight. I overlapped it on the factory conduit.

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
VenomousSVT said:
:notworth:
I wasn't saying yours wasn't done right.... just simply putting that out there for future search results :stooge:
Oh I know, so was I.:D Stang / VR owners think alike.:thumb:

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
rjrivero said:
Back on Topic for a second:

1. If you are using the HD garage door opener, don't bother doing this. It won't work with the opener.

2. If you take apart the hand control connector itself, you can solder a 16g or 18g wire directly to the crimp of the Deutsch connector and you don't have to worry about weather or not your taping job will be good. Not to mention a few seconds to take this jumper off if you ever need to.

RJ
RJ. I copied and past this to my original post so others won't have to go through the BS to get to this important info. Thanks.:D

· VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The mod will work (lights), but the garage door opener won't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.