Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Fellow V-Rodders,

I've got a 2003 VRSCA & I'm trying to pass the inspection on my bike and noticed that my high beam does not work... I bought the high beam light (H9) and replaced it & nothing.... After, I disconnected the high beam light and checked it with a voltage meter and it does seem to get power, and I checked the fuse box and all fuses seem to be fine :banghead:.. Although I have never worked on any bike other than my own, I consider myself to be a do it your self type of guy, and would really like to fix this issue myself if possible... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Greetings Fellow V-Rodders,

I've got a 2003 VRSCA & I'm trying to pass the inspection on my bike and noticed that my high beam does not work... I bought the high beam light (H9) and replaced it & nothing.... After, I disconnected the high beam light and checked it with a voltage meter and it does seem to get power, and I checked the fuse box and all fuses seem to be fine :banghead:.. Although I have never worked on any bike other than my own, I consider myself to be a do it your self type of guy, and would really like to fix this issue myself if possible... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
I just fixed my high-beam light today. The White wire was internally broken about 1" from the socket.

Your Black wire may have a break, at the same spot.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I just fixed my high-beam light today. The White wire was internally broken about 1" from the socket.

Your Black wire may have a break, at the same spot.
I have an 03 that the same thing has happened to,also.Seems the insulation on the high beam ground wire is not soft enough and after a few million turns of the steering,the wire breaks in half under the black plastic insulation.I put a piece of softer wire in mine.
On some others,I've seen the connector at the ground wire at the high beam light get hot and burn off.They required a new plastic lock and 2 connectors for the fix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help... After taking a closer look at the wire mine was also pinched and broken internally about an inch from where the connector was... Made for an easy repair... Thanks for all the help :)... Now tomorrow off to harley tomorrow to order my stainless clutch line that i punctured removing and fixing my stop light switch yesturday :hidesbeh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts