Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bentley Harris ConvoShield (split metal coated)

http://cableorganizer.com/convoshield/

Bentley Harris ConvoShield™ AL was designed to provide thermal protection for components in radiant heat environments. Composed of a nylon copolymer base substrate and a highly reflective coating, this product provides protection for wires, cables, and hoses in applications that have heat source temperatures as high as 500°C (1000°F). It is conveniently slit lengthwise for easy installation.

The reflective surface of Bentley Harris ConvoShield™ AL is extremely resistant to several industry fluids and also shows enhanced resistance to heat distortion. Because of its unique blend of thermal and insulative properties, it is ideal for protecting wire harnesses in high temperature, confined environments such as engine compartments. Its sleek, reflective surface also provides an aesthetically pleasing appearance.

Tests have shown Convoshield™ AL to withstand 1000°F radiant heat for one hour without distortion when placed 1 in. away from a heat source.

Due to the metal coating applied, Convoshield™ AL has been known to provide some degree of static dissipation and RFI shielding.

Attachments

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Flexo Chrome Expandable Braided Sleeving

http://cableorganizer.com/chrome-sleeving/

Flexo Chrome (CH) is so much more than just a hot looking wire and hose covering. Engineered by braiding heavy gauge 5 mil metallized polyester film (Mylar®) in combination with our clear polyethylene terepthalate (PET), we've produced a tough, durable and attractive solution for a wide range of applications, especially cosmetic ones. Even though it is very similar to our Mylar® product, it is heavier and has a much better abrasion resistance. The metallized Mylar® component is conductive, allowing Flexo Chrome to be used in shielding applications, as well as applications where the temperature exceeds 400° F. This strong and attractive product is both practical in electronic applications and decorative on the wires and hoses of high end show cars and motorcycles. Flexo Chrome is more durable than our Mylar® and more abrasion resistant, but they basically look the same.

Features:

UV resistant
Monofilament size: .010"
2-1 expansion ratio
Easy to install, light weight, and flexible
Operating Temp. -103° F to 257° F
High abrasion resistance
Cuts easily with a hot knife
Professional look on finished project

Attachments

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chromeloomz® Colored Split Chrome Wire Loom

http://cableorganizer.com/chrome-loomz/

Split Chromeloomz® are a great way to customize any vehicle's engine compartment. Exclusive chrome finish features a dazzling new look in wire loom products. A flex agent was added to the finish to prevent flaking during flexing or extension of the product. Installs anywhere quickly and easily. Accent an engine compartment, speaker wires, auxiliary lighting wires or just about anything you can imagine. Each Chromeloomz® kit includes one corresponding size T-connector and 1 straight connector. Matching chrometiez® sold separately.

Attachments

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Metal Braided Sleeving (to match HD braided hose kit)

http://cableorganizer.com/metal-braided-sleeving/

Whether you have rodents, cats, dogs, or other animals biting at your wires or a need for EMI/RFI shielding, our metal braided sleeving could be the answer for you. Braided from tin (Sn) coated copper (Cu), it is both flexible and strong, with superior EMI protection. EMI/RFI is commonly referred to as electrical noise. Tinned copper braid is an ideal shielding material for short-run cables. It can provide added shielding in retrofit applications, and is much more flexible and much less susceptible to cracking than foil solutions.

Tinned copper braided sleeving has been well known to provide protection from Electromagnetic Interference (EMI). It is widely used in bulk shielded cable, or as an afterthought for shielding problems coming from data loss, or signal interference. Sn/Cu braided sleeving provides superior attenuation of greater than 60 dB over wide frequencies, ranging from a few kilohertz (kHz) to several gigahertz (gHz). Braided sleeving provides superior flexibility compared to foil wrapped cable.

Recently, a national park, and several government agencies have used our metal braided sleeving to protect fiber optics, RG-6 coaxial cable and Category 5E cables from biting rodents in the wilderness. [Click here] for more info.

Features:

Provides electrostatic and electromagnetic shielding
Altenuates electrical field interference
Provides enhanced abrasion and cut-through resistance when compared to thermoplastic braided sleeving
Provides added shielding from radio frequency interference (RFI) in 0.5 MHz to 1.7 MHz range
Contains EMI sources
Superior flexibility compared to foil
Meets QQ-B-575B
Braided from 36AWG tin coated copper wire
85-90% coverage at nominal ID

Attachments

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sample of Braided Metal Sleeving:

I am trying to match the look of the braided hose kit with the exposed wiring on the mods on the bike (I am worse than a girl though about changing the look of things, so the braided metal could be gone tomorrow).

This is from the back of my sidemount plate, with a Cateye light at the top. The plate didn't have a wiring channel behind the light, so I had to run it exposed for a few inches. I tried both black and CLEAR shrink tube at the ends to keep from fraying. I like the look of the black, but clear would be good to use it along the length of the sleeve to keep it from rubbing paint off the bike frame in other applications. I also used black shrink tube directly over the wires so no colors would appear through the sleeve (and for abrasion purposes too).

Attachments

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
I saw the Chromeloomz® Colored Split Chrome Wire Loom
about a week ago... I don't know, I was not sold.

Let us know how it looks on the bike.

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
The Braided Metal Sleeving looks good, the sizing options will help produce a clean fit.

Thanks

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Chromeloomz is what you find at most autoparts stores. If you like the chrome look, then ConvoShield seemed a little better (both were shinny). These products are made with a longitudinal slit to be put on over wires were you can't slid regular braided sleeve (loom).

You can also get black split duct (which I use for items within the frame boundries that I want to hide).

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to be putting on a Headwinds headlight next week. That will leave plenty of opportunities to experiment with covering wires. I'll post pictures when I am done with that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Love to see the new light!

Hey jcolodny, I would love to see a headwind headlight on a Vrod, please post one when you get it done, thanks, Fred fryguy
jcolodny said:
I am going to be putting on a Headwinds headlight next week. That will leave plenty of opportunities to experiment with covering wires. I'll post pictures when I am done with that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts