Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Sorry for the cross posting from the A forums but getting no answers there and have had 37 hits with one reply.

I did a search and am just as lost after reading several threads as I was when I started.

I have an AW 08 and it has two bulbs. Which one would you upgrade to HID and what is the size I need to purchase? I want to increase my light output and yet do not want to kill the eyes of on coming drivers. I have been using my high beam exclusively even on dark mornings (5am) and the on coming drivers have yet to flash me. That doesnt say much for the light output.

Anyone know when the next group buy might be going to happen? Any suggestions on whom to purchase from?

Thanks for the help.

Jason

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
vepil,
I have an 03 A (two bulbs) and the low is a H11, the high is a H9. I upgraded the low beam to HID and man, what a difference. Verify the bulb size for the low beam and upgrade that. Hope that helps.

shoe

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
The dual bulb setup uses an H9 and H11. I don't remember which is which, but all you need to do is unplug one to find out. Most people convert the low beam to HID. Then during the day run the high beam and use the HID for at night whne you need the extra light. That way you prolong the life of the HID since they're not know for their longevity.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

I wanted to be sure of which to upgrade before buying a kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts