Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an HID headlight back in August, and this past week whenever I turn on the bike its hit or miss whether the headlight will turn on or not. After I turn the key to the run setting I hear what sounds like an electrical short coming from where the HID ballast is located. After pulling everything out and checking the connections (all fine), I was wondering is it possible for a ballast to go bad? If so, how common is this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I installed an HID headlight back in August, and this past week whenever I turn on the bike its hit or miss whether the headlight will turn on or not. After I turn the key to the run setting I hear what sounds like an electrical short coming from where the HID ballast is located. After pulling everything out and checking the connections (all fine), I was wondering is it possible for a ballast to go bad? If so, how common is this?

Thanks
If all connections are tight, then it is most likely the ballast. Did you go with the DDM Tuning setup? If so, they should replace it. Ballasts can and will go out. Not uncommon at all.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them: is it a 35w or 55w? I've had a couple 35 watt ballasts die on me, but none of the 55w. DDM has a lifetime guarantee on all their ballasts, so a replacement will only cost you the price of shipping yours back to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts