Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about upgrading to an HID head light. I've looked through some threads and noticed a few posts noting problems with bulb and ballast life. Is this a worth-while upgrade, or is this just a never ending headache of always replacing expensive parts?

·
What -- Me worry?
471 Posts
:popcorn: I've been asking myself the same questions... Eagerly awaiting responses from those who've gone down that road...

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think its extremely worthwhile! I haven't had to replace any parts since the install last year. Not only is it far superior to my original bulb during a night ride, but it helps in the daylight as well. Its probably one of the few lights that can be seen on a bright sunny day by other drivers. Of course, now that I said this it will probably burn out a bulb tomorrow. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I only did the low beam and it is a vast improvement. I did just have the ballast go out on me after about 1 1/2 years but that was also about 28,000 miles so the life is not so bad. Worth the upgrade! :thumb:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what kits are ya'll using?

·
Registered
922 Posts
al-v-rod said:
I only did the low beam and it is a vast improvement. I did just have the ballast go out on me after about 1 1/2 years but that was also about 28,000 miles so the life is not so bad. Worth the upgrade! :thumb:
Do you remember where you got the ballast replacement from? No problems here yet, but just thinking ahead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts