Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
vstar54
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted HD highway pegs to their V-rod Engine Guards? The HD catalogue advises that all the highway pegs are not suitable for V-Rod.
They look ok to me. Can anybody help? :helpme:

·
Gruntman
49 Posts
Hi-Way Pegs for V-Rod?

After some research and the excellent comments from this forum, I decided to try the HD extension kit and footpegs and bought them at the HD dealer in Manassas, VA since they were giving 10% off on accessories! I put them on and they seem to fit fine! Here are the numbers I used:

50910-03

50130-95

If you buy them and put them on, please ensure you use additional Locktite and torque them to the specs recommended in the instructions. I used them on a 140 mile ride and they worked well. No pictures available because my digital camera died!

Thanks,

Edman

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Vstar, I am very happy with the custom pegs I had made which are mentioned in the first thread in Shawn's post. I'm sure a local machinest could do the same for you if you are interested. Depends if you want to go the way of engine guards or not. If you want more info on the custom pegs (comfort, etc) just let me know.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I'm going to start a thread on my observations after 2000 miles in 6 days on the 'rod. As a Geezer-advocate, there awere some interesting observations.... Stay tuned

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
fehrc said:
Vstar, I am very happy with the custom pegs I had made which are mentioned in the first thread in Shawn's post. I'm sure a local machinest could do the same for you if you are interested. Depends if you want to go the way of engine guards or not. If you want more info on the custom pegs (comfort, etc) just let me know.
fehrc, I think I'm going to try to make some similar to yours, thanks for the info! I might get a set of the adjustable peg mounts to integrate from v-mod.com so I can adjust my foot position.
:ride:

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Vrod-tlam said:
fehrc, I think I'm going to try to make some similar to yours, thanks for the info! I might get a set of the adjustable peg mounts to integrate from v-mod.com so I can adjust my foot position.
:ride:
Let me know how you make out - would love to see them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts