Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Ask yr local dealer to do a search for one.
If they won't help, pm me and I have a friend that can do a dealer search for one.

Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome!!,I call this dealer they have one 2010 black denim, just like I wanted but they want me to pay 17.000 out the door, are you kidding me!! what do you guys think?

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!!,I call this dealer they have one 2010 black denim, just like I wanted but they want me to pay 17.000 out the door, are you kidding me!! what do you guys think?
Buy a 2011 for $15000... Dealers are clueless...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Buy a 2011 for $15000... Dealers are clueless...
I was quoted $17,700 out the door for a 2011. The funny thing is that it's almost like they don't want your business. I bought plenty of bikes (sport bikes) and I've never walked into a dealership looking to spend about $16k and found people with no desire to take my money. They almost made it sound like if they ordered me one I'd owe them a favor.

As a young sport bike rider I thought I was thy type of customer HD was looking to attract with the muscle. It seems they may have forget to tell the dealers.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
gixxer1000,

In my experience HD Stealership employees tend to have bad attitudes, chips on their shoulders etc. (I've met some that were the exception).

Why? Maybe the fake tough bad ass culture breeds insecure assholes with bad social skills... /shrug

Anywho, is the price you're getting include ABS? Ask for a line item explanation then compare it with what you see here:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/v-rod-muscle.html#/specs

Don't forget that in this process, you are in charge.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice jpr0916,It looks sometimes like this people dont want to sell the F`s maybe thats why I found some 2009 let overs

·
Registered
6 Posts
gixxer1000,

In my experience HD Stealership employees tend to have bad attitudes, chips on their shoulders etc. (I've met some that were the exception).

Why? Maybe the fake tough bad ass culture breeds insecure assholes with bad social skills... /shrug

Anywho, is the price you're getting include ABS? Ask for a line item explanation then compare it with what you see here:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/v-rod-muscle.html#/specs

Don't forget that in this process, you are in charge.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
That's without ABS and security. Here is a breakdown:

$14,999 MSRP
$495 Frieght ($160 more than website)
$284 Setup fee
$129 Title
$589 Dealer fee
$1039 Tax
$170 Tags (estimate)

$17,705 out the door

The attitude thing is a little perplexing. Don't get me wrong they were nice and smiled, its just how they went about it. For example I was told about how is was in the "old days" when people had to get on a waiting list and they paid $5000 over MSRP just to have the privileged of having a Harley. This was after I was told that there were only 2 muscles in the entire state, basically inferring that it was headed back in that direction.

That type of stuff might have been cool 30 years ago but times have changed. If Harley want's to stay a niche product that's fine but from what I can tell they trying to push more and more of these bikes to younger people, business people, women etc. I don't see this whole experience jiving to well with people like me. Even though the guy was still trying to screw me when I bought my Benz he at least made it seem like he was trying to jump through hoops for me. Heck if I go to Saks to buy a $350 pair of Gucci sneakers the sales guy is bringing me drinks while I wait. Then I go to spend $15k+ on what is basically a toy and they trying to make me feel like just being able to give them my money is a privileged??? Then you come on the internet and hear how its hard for them to even sell these bikes??? Don't they know that the internet exist. I guess not when they quote me a freight charge that is $160 more than whats on the HD website.

I know that the dealer is only interested about making money for their store but Harley overall should be worried about getting these bikes out to the customers.

If they don't convert me now then they probably never will. I'm just looking to go from a sport bike to a cruiser. The dealers selling these metric cruisers seem to be on top of their game. And from what I can see the only thing I'm getting for the extra money over a metric is the brand. And I'm cool with that, but not if you're going to jerk me around.

No bullsh!t after hearing me and my fiances names the person said "what ever happen to names like John and Sara". Now they laughed it off and it was clearly a joke, but come on this is south east Florida where 50% of the population is foreign born, you should be used to hearing names other than John and Sara by now.

It was hard enough for me to convince my fiance that HD is more mainstream and she's is starting to come around. But the dealership definitely wasn't helping me out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought an 09 Muscle last September. The bike was used as a demonstrator, black with ABS and had 229 miles on it. The dealer had it marked down $1500.00 from list. I told them I would take it but they would have to take another grand off the price because it was dirty but didn't need to clean it up or fill the tank. I also told them I wanted them to include a windshield and that I wasn't going to pay a setup fee, freight or any dealer charges. They didn't like it but they said they would do the deal. The whole process took about 20 minutes and I had a Muscle.

Ten times better bike than the other Harleys I have ever had.

I stopped at a weekly car show this week just to see some cars and walk around. I spent 45 minutes talking to all the guys that came up to find out what I was riding, how I liked it and listened to all of them telling me how cool my bike was. Even some other Harley riders which was a shock. Had a great time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
boxman congrats on your new F!!!!, so how much you ended paying? I hope I can get a good deal soon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bought an 09 Muscle last September. The bike was used as a demonstrator, black with ABS and had 229 miles on it. The dealer had it marked down $1500.00 from list. I told them I would take it but they would have to take another grand off the price because it was dirty but didn't need to clean it up or fill the tank. I also told them I wanted them to include a windshield and that I wasn't going to pay a setup fee, freight or any dealer charges. They didn't like it but they said they would do the deal. The whole process took about 20 minutes and I had a Muscle.

Ten times better bike than the other Harleys I have ever had.

I stopped at a weekly car show this week just to see some cars and walk around. I spent 45 minutes talking to all the guys that came up to find out what I was riding, how I liked it and listened to all of them telling me how cool my bike was. Even some other Harley riders which was a shock. Had a great time.
That is what I think is so awesome about the Muscle. No one usually see's the Harley Badge right away and always ask what the hell is it?? When you say "A Harley" it's cool to watch their faces.

·
Registered
6 Posts
atl1972-I ended up financing 9500.00 after trading my electraglide that I still owed on but had for two years. I got real tired of listening to all the valve train clatter even though it was a nice bike. I like the Muscle a lot better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts