Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself since I've actually just recently purchased a vrod. I'm Scott and I work for a secret society called the Nielsen TV ratings. We're the company that puts the little black boxes into people's homes so that we can capture what they watch on tv. I've been a biker most of my life (all japanese bikes) and never dreamed I would even consider buying a Harley until I saw my first vrod several years ago. I thought "Harley is finally targeting a new market & I'm in it". I've been looking for a bike for the past couple of years and was pretty close to buying a VTX 1800 a few times even though I'd never ridden one. After pricing what it would take to customize it even a little to maybe look more like a vrod, I gave up & started looking exclusively at vrods. I was really sold on the 240 back tire and didn't really want to do the conversion myself, so that pretty much narrowed the search down to the 06 SE. Well I have to say that I'm twice as happy with the bike as I thought I would be. The riding position is extremely comfortable to me and the bike has all the speed/power I could ever want. The downfall of my bike would have to be the small gas tank and the little-bit-too quiet pipes. I enjoy the forum & look forward in participating.

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
Welcome... both can be fixed. Good luck keeping any of your money in your pocket around here.

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
:vrodforu: :vrod:

Welcome , First off get some pipes, You'll be glad ya did. Then as you progress you'll join the rest of us. :broke: If your up Nashville way, lets us know and we'll ride.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Great Decision!

Welcome to the best place on the web!
Lots of great people and more truly knowledgable and helpful folks than anywhere else.
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome:

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nate552 said:
:vrodforu: How come no one has asked me to put a black box in my home?
1 home represents about 40,000 people so the odds are pretty high that you will never get selected. It's a very random process.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts