Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shakes
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, but really excited about having some place to learn/talk about the Harley V. Got mine new, two years ago and absolutely love it. Planning a trip to the Grand Canyan this summer via Route 66.
Live in Virginia, so it should be a fun ride. Would appreciate any tips or takes on taking an iron butt trip on a Rod.

thanks to whoever runs this site, awsome.

Shakes!!

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
:birthday:

Hang on

:vrodforu:

Thats the one.

Welcome from an insomniac Aussie. This is a great place, with some pretty dedicated v-rod lovers, wait til they check in and say hey. Nice blokes, and sheilas too, but watch Val and Christine - those 2 are smart and dangerous :rofl:

Lots of info here, and if you've been riding for a couple years on the V, have alllok around and share what you have found!

Have a good one. I'm going to bed.

·
skin changer
824 Posts
Welcome!

A Sundowner seat and a few buck$ for gas should be about all you need. Pray for decent weather when you go to church and your set. Sounds like a neat trip...I thought about doing something like that myself.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Welcome! Glad you found us ;)

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
There is lots of debate about windshields. The touring is the best for wind control, better with Memphis Shade lowers, but many decry how it looks. There is a Demon windshield from Memphis shades that looks exciting as well (http://www.memphisshades.com/demon-main.html).
Engine guards with hiway pegs were a must for me, but then I'm a qualified Geezer.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum dsbuckd, always nice to have another v-rodder here.

Max

1 - 13 of 13 Posts