Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody - new to the Harley world, but had bikes for 35 years. Had everything from cruisers to sport bikes to dual sports, etc. My wife, who's 4'11", feel in love with an 883 that's had a screamin eagle 1200 top end put on it, and now expects me to get a Harley as well. First world problems...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I do like my speed on a bike, so I feel like the vrod is the way to go in the Harley world - now I just need to find one, which leads to my question...

I'm not interested in buying new, so what do I need to look at in a used bike besides the common stuff like service records? Are there specific issues on these bikes I should look at?

Thanks in advance - hopefully I'll find one soon!

·
EXCELSIOR
8,490 Posts
You don't have need to worry about buying a new one unless you find new old stock sitting in a showroom which can happen, HD hasn't built them for 4 years.
Anything from 2007 and later have all the basic upgrades, larger tank, redesigned coolant overflow bottle, metric axles, Brembo brakes and a few other small improvements over the original 4 years.
Shop around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts