Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
www.1130cc.it
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I'm a member from some months, but never had the chance to introduce myself....so now it's time to do it... :)
I'm from north Italy, 33 years old and felt in love with the vRod the first time I've seen "her" ( yes it's a female and I hate when someone calls her "him") on a bike magazine in early 2002.
After few months I've seen her "in the real life" at a big Store , where she was put inside a big glass box ( it was the red Rizoma cutomized one...I'm located very close to the city the Rizoma company is located) and I was just amazed ....
Then finally was able to convince my husband ( "the driver" ) to purchase a used one in October 2003: made a very good deal ... she is a 2002 in really like new conditions already in part accessoriated...
So I just started the fun and "pocket lightening" job to add accessories, mainly add chrome...and I'm still continuing...
Oh ,forgot to tell you that I cannot drive her, since I'm too low and too light ( 5'4'' 95 lbs ) but I also love ride her on her back sit while my hubbby drives her.

On the personal note, I'm a traditional (mainly airbrush and oil tecnique) and digital painter ( 3D field ). I'm also graduated as a classical pianist, and play both classical and pop music. In the free time I also often help my hubby at his shop.
As you probably may have noticed from my avatar I love so much animals, indeed we live with 2 dogs and 4 cats... the one in the avatar is our youngest cat when he was a baby.

I just can wait to work on the new skin set I've receintly purchased...I still don't know how to paint it ( probably chrome + airbrush , or Giger style, that I like so much ) too many ideas in mind...however I hope it'll comes out nice.

By the way , we would like to purchase also a "sister" for our VRod, a bike that my husband loves so much: it is the new TNT by italian Benelli, a powerful street bike.
We've been to see her at the official presentation last Saturday and I must say that she is really beautiful, original and she looks very "bad" ( it was in the red version ). We were just surprised to notice that She fits very well also my hubby that is pretty tall ( 6' 2'' ) .
If you are curious to see some photos here is the link: http://www.benellimoto.com/tnt_eng.htm

Thank you for readig my long post...I hope I was not too boring... :)

Ciao from Italy!!

Stefy

·
4,638 Posts
Stefy,
Welcome to the forum..... :vrodforu: Lots to learn on this site.......

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Welcome, Stefy! Thanks for the intro! Can't wait to see pics of your artwork on the v-rod.

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
great post :welcome: lots to learn here :broke:

can't wait to see pics of your 1 of a kind custom paint

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:welcome: make sure you post some pictures when you can. Also, don't be afraid to ask any questions. There is a large knowledge base here.

·
www.1130cc.it
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much you all! You are so kind and make me feel like at home! :)
Oh yes I'll surely post some pics as soon as I'll finish the painting job.. I promise :)

·
4,638 Posts
Stefy said:
Thank you so much you all! You are so kind and make me feel like at home! :)
Oh yes I'll surely post some pics as soon as I'll finish the painting job.. I promise :)

Pics....Pics.. We want Pics..... :diablo: :diablo:

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
Welcome!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Stefy,
It's Nice to Hear from you on a Good Note Now! ;) :welcome: To you and your Husband from The Best Group of V-rodders in the World! :kaz:

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Stefy, welcome to the forum!! You can definitely "drive" the bike. I am 5'4" and have no problem with a little tweaking!! Enjoy!! :welcome:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Thanks for the information Stefy and welcome to the forum.

Max

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
:vrodforu:

From one foreigner to another :thumb: Lotsa great people in here.

When you say Northern Italy, are you near Venice? I LOVE Venice :)

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Welcome Stefy! I can't believe that you can't stand over the V-Rod. How close are your heels to touching the ground on both sides when you sit on the existing seat?

First, The V-Rod can be lowered at the rear wheel. Many have spoken about it in these forums. My wife rides a Road King, we went thru the lowering thing and she has 11k miles without a single crash.

Second, the front end can be lowered even more easily.

Third, get a lower seat! Who's got one of those here...? What's the part number? The reason that I mention this is because I believe this seat also moves you 25mm further forward -- closer to the foot controls!

Fourth, the foot controls can be adapted with this Harley reduced reach kit: 50360-04

And lastly, the V-Rod is very easy to ride because its weight has such a low center of gravity. The bike feels very light in the lateral direction (the direction that it tip in...). Don't let people tell you that this bike is too big for you. The parts are available and the V-Rod is very intuitive to drive -- it feels much lighter then smaller bikes like the Sportster.

I encourage you to become the driver! You will love it!

PS: Can't wait to see your art!

·
www.1130cc.it
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all so much again! :)

Karl:

I'm not too far from Venice , about 300 Km. I have relatives there, and almost every year I come back there...yes it is a wonderful city.
My city is 30 Km north to Milano , very close to Switzerland ( 10Km ), all surrounded by Alps and many lakes.

Orest:

Thank you for the very detailed infos! :) I have no problems at all touching the ground with heels...but I surely need the reduced reach controls, because I can't reach the stock ones, and probably also the bar....we are already using now the low Willie G seat.

The actual main problem is that I 'm not able to "move back" ( reverse ) the bike with my feet/legs on parcking...she just don't move, is so heavy to me .
I know this is only a parcking related problem, but the idea I can't have control of the bike when I need it , just scares me...
However you've almost convinced me...:) I should like to try the reduced reach controls...I'll get a set after I'll finish the painting job...

Thank you again!
Kisses, :)
Stefy.

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Same thing with my wife. She has trouble pushing the Road King back. When we ride, she tries to minimize the amount of backing up by planning where in the parking lot she parks. It is not uncommon for her to park the bike nose in first, then she gets me or one of the HOG club members to back it out of the parking place for her.

After you start riding on your own, you will see that it becomes much easier with experience. Buy yourself a pair of Harley riding boots with tall heels -- it helps.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum Stefy. That Benelli is a beauty!
I bet once you get the V-rod lowered you will be able to push back better. Hope you get to ride her.

Greg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts