Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just registered and this is my first post. Figure this is the best place to start.

I don't own a ride yet but the rider course and purchase of one is approaching fast. I have done lots of reading on Harleys and keep coming back to wanting a VRSCDX. Not a lot of info out there on it. (At least not a lot that I can easily find). After a couple months of research, I went to the dealership and sat on a few. All I can really express is I am very jazzed about getting my endorsement and actually being part of this exciting community. Couple guys at work think I'm crazy to start out on one of these but I'm the kind of guy that goes all-out when it comes to a new experience. (good and bad)

Most experience I got is about 1.5 yrs on a Honda Aero 50 :moped: back when I was delivering newspapers at the age of 17. (dumped it a couple times messing around in the rain with lopsided weight on a Sunday morning run). Also rode a friends Interceptor a couple times way back when I was younger and lacked a few screws...

Now that I have aged, a few more pounds around my orbital center, and have the financial power to get a new rig, I decided on two wheels. Something I have been wanting to do for a long time but never followed through (lost pursuit when I didn't have the money and the endorsements were broken into three classes based on engine sizes a long, long, long time ago).

About this site...

I have found this community very informative, funny, and mostly honest with the advice and opinions. When looking for information, I hate reading a bunch of sugar-coated details. This place is real, blunt, and to the point. Its also fun and people share good and bad experiences. This is why I like this community and decided to join. I also blame all of you for my 'obsession' to own and ride because with all the pics, vids, and stories, you make it very difficult for one such as I to be patient. Its like being 10 yrs old again waiting for Christmas morning to come and find that ultimate gift under the tree.

I hope to to enjoy what you all enjoy very soon.

l8rs!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
welcome, and start saving for mods.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
using the baby revo
1,318 Posts
welcome, i have similar experience--this will be the first brand-new bike i'll own. haven't operated a power bike in 7 years, but i'm sure i'll learn it all back when i redo the MSF course

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Welcome!:D

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome.