Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first mod will be relocating the license plate and rear turn signals. I've seen the LP's on the side of the bike both verticaly and horizontally. They look pretty good, but are there any other alternatives?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
If you want to keep the license plate in the stock location, you could always relocate the turn signals to the top shock bolt and trim the LP mount down. See my gallery. I trimmed the stock LP mount so that you can only see the plate and I fabricated signal mounts that moved them forward to mid fender. The DX has the space available, but the shock bolt relocate kit would work as well.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
If you want to keep the license plate in the stock location, you could always relocate the turn signals to the top shock bolt and trim the LP mount down. See my gallery. I trimmed the stock LP mount so that you can only see the plate and I fabricated signal mounts that moved them forward to mid fender. The DX has the space available, but the shock bolt relocate kit would work as well.
I like the way you relocated the taillights. I really dislike when I see people do that but replace the lights with those tiny bullit lights, looks cheap, yours looks great.
Before you remove the whole plate and light combo remember that your back will resemble a Dirt bike (which looks like crap IMHO) beacause of all the space between the tire and fender that the plate and signals covers up, unless you shorten the shocks or install and Air Ride System.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
luxlamf said:
I like the way you relocated the taillights. I really dislike when I see people do that but replace the lights with those tiny bullit lights, looks cheap, yours looks great.
Before you remove the whole plate and light combo remember that your back will resemble a Dirt bike (which looks like crap IMHO) beacause of all the space between the tire and fender that the plate and signals covers up, unless you shorten the shocks or install and Air Ride System.
Thans lux. I have to give gunnysgt the credit for this one. We just did the same thing to my wifes 05A. She has the integrated taillight, so we didn't have to remount turn signals. We lowered it as well, but it definitely looks better having the plate in the stock location.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Super glue it to your helmet, now thats a totally different look!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts