Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Paladan_99
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most recently a number of Houstonians have been getting ticketed for load pipes with no initial complaint, nor is any evidence (decibel meter reading) required from the police. In an effort to have the ordnance reviewed groups are running online petitions, if you have some time please help out by going to:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/houstonnoiseordinance/.

Thanks,
Sumner

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Done.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Signed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sined, Seeled, delivered...

Incidentally, we now have the first arrest of someone questioning the officer's behavior and reminding him that the pipe is legal.

Yeah - it was me - in case anyone was wondering where the hell i was all weekend

·
boo
5,211 Posts
if i were you i'd call up the AMA and see if they'll help you with your legal issue here.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
HI! ALL I was recently stopped and checked over carefully for violations. The LEO checked to see if I had baffles or not. I do and he seemed disappointed. But he liked the changes I've made . I signed the petition. Without a decibel meter I think checking for noise is boggus and unfair...

·
Big Ugly fun guy
272 Posts
I know what the noise thing is all about. It's because all those idiots on their cell phones cant hear anything while we ride alongside. My Gosh, We must have seen 20 to 30% of the cars we passed had people texting or talking and swerving all over. If my pipes weren't load I am sure I would have been cut off! How many times have you read " I never knew he was there" from some idiot running over a biker.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Excessive noise enforcement will be nation wide soon enough. Too many riders feel it's their God given right to make more noise than a fright train. Now the public is responding to our contempt. Get used to bikes that sound like sewing machines.

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
if i were you i'd call up the AMA and see if they'll help you with your legal issue here.
The AMA is not a supporter of your right to run "loud" pipes.
Not an ally.

TMRT2, ABATE and MMA are the one's to contact. An AIM attorney is also a must.

State Legislative Day in Austin is 1/24/2011
1000's of bikes anticipated.

·
Big Ugly fun guy
272 Posts
Loud pipes are a critical safety item in Houston and Dallas. I can't say how many idiots we saw on the phone or texting while riding down to the Lone Star Rally. If they can't hear you your dead as they sure are looking for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Loud PIPES SAFE LIFES """PERIOD"""

Loud pipes are a critical safety item in Houston and Dallas. I can't say how many idiots we saw on the phone or texting while riding down to the Lone Star Rally. If they can't hear you your dead as they sure are looking for you.
Good Lord who cant figure that one out, why do ambulances have sirens!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts