Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vrscx #805. I put D&D 2 into 1 pipes and high flow hd sc air filter on it. It ran great. Took it in to get it dynod the first run before the race tuner put out 119hp and 89 torque. It was lean on the idle and rich through the curve. After the race tuner it had only 117 hp and 79 torque. The tech tuned the fuel to 13ppm all the way through the curve. The tech said this will give me the best performance. Took it home to test it on the open road and All i can say is what performance???????? Now the bike has no nuts. You wack the throttle and there is nothing there! Can anyone help with advice or links to help my bike get it's nuts back?????????? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
:banghead: I'm with you. After my Tune to 13.x ppm the bike runs smooth all the way to red line but before it had a tremendous pull at about 4K on up. Bike used to try to run out from under me. Now its just smooth.

Vmod K&N PCIII usb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a buddy take my bike to a different shop. they said that who ever did the dyno before didn't know what he was doing. When i get a pdf of the map and dyno from this shop i will forward it to you. They said it's putting out over 120hp waiting on the report the dyno doesn't lie.

·
Big Rooster
153 Posts
Have the same problem, was told to go with the race tuner.Had the bike tuned and lost over 4 horses and at least 6 ft lbs of torque.Bikes at 118.1 hp and 80.1 ft lbs.Deffinately not the same,he told me i'm not feeling that pull because the bikes power comes on smoother but it's still there.
:bs: or not?

·
Big Rooster
153 Posts
Are they lieing or do they just not know what they are talking about.:hmm:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
chrome said:
probably dont know what the hell they are doing..........
The HP and Torque figures,they are to high.The dyno numbers have been adjusted to make you guys feel good.You guys need to find a tuner that's interested in tuning the engine instead of penciling in HP numbers.

Mine reads 115 and 82 and runs real strong,the race track slips show this.

Once I had a tuner play w my 1130 and the dyno said close to 117 hp.The only way I could comfortably ride the bike was wide open and it didn't take but a few 100ths off of my 1/4 mile ET.Of course we retuned it for proper street riding.
I had to replace the power Commander a couple of years ago and I now read 103hp,the bike runs perfect from off idle to redline and my ET is in the 11.80's,great for the street.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Big Rooster
153 Posts
True...the guy that tuned my bike told me don't pay attention to dyno numbers,they're all different.Pay attention to how the bike runs but we all want to see numbers. First time I had bike tuned with the pcIII got 121 and 82 ft lbs.Had it done a second time by a different dyno guy with Race tuner and got 118 and 80.1 ft lbs,bike runs alot better now.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Just had my bike RE-Dynoed by someone that knows a thing or two about tuning. He said the HP/Torque numbers can be manipulated just by changing the SAE smoothing constant. He Dynoed mine at SAE 5 (Max power 110.95 torque 75.38) and it runs real good. The previous tune was dynoed at SAE 2 (Max power 119.10 torque 81.20) and run like crap.

I posted this info in another thread on the general forum but thought it appropriate to post it in the VRSCX forum also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts