Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, this whole Turbo install has been challenging to say the least, after receiving the kit I with the help of my professional mechanic installed it according to the instructions. 10 hours later fired it up seemed great, then noticed a small oil leak coming from oil feed line on top of motor took all the plenum, fuel rail ect... off fixed the leak fired it up again drove it 80 miles and all the powdercoat from the Turbo back peeled off???? Contacted company they said take it apart send it back we will check it out and get back to you so off it came out it went a few weeks later new pieces came and back on it went. Fired it up yesterday took it for a rip & now it smells as if I have some sort of a fuel leak somewhere!!!!!! WTF I guess the reason for this post it just to get some reassurance that in the end all this BS will be worth the outcome LOL. Thanks, I feel better now I need to find that leak! Wish Me luck I will get it!

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Hey as is said - Modification begets Modification, Maintenance begets Maintenance and even Modification begets Maintenance, meaning - when you modify something it will require more modification and maintenance to become reliable again. This is almost without exception. I've been thru it with everything from bicycles to cars and jet fighters and it is the price you have to pay to get something to perform at a higher level. But hey, you put her away warm ( that means she's running ) so all you have to do is work out the kinks. No problem -you could have sucked in a bolt you dropped in the intake tract and lunched the engine ! The turbo's seem to work very well with the Revo engine guys here on the site love 'em so as you wished - Good Luck ! Just make sure your A/F mixture is correct - if you pull too much boost with A/F too lean you can ruin your nice Revo engine. :blahblah: :D

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I wouldn’t do anything but turbo, have had two now ( Beulah & Vrod). Removing fuel rail seems to cause fuel leaks, injectors just never sit exactly the same allowing O rings to pass fuel with pressure. Also check you AFR at idle on your tuner. For some reason most every canned map I’ve seen are showing 12/1, which is more a mix for mixture coooling at boost at 9000 rpm

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn’t do anything but turbo, have had two now ( Beulah & Vrod). Removing fuel rail seems to cause fuel leaks, injectors just never sit exactly the same allowing O rings to pass fuel with pressure. Also check you AFR at idle on your tuner. For some reason most every canned map I’ve seen are showing 12/1, which is more a mix for mixture coooling at boost at 9000 rpm
Thanks for the tip, gonna take a day to refresh then check it out tomorrow with a clean head.As far as the air fuel I am running the thundermax auto tuner so Im hoping the mix is close. Either way as soon as I have no random fluids shooting out its off to the dyno shop to make sure everything is on point before we put any serious miles on.
Again thanks for the info!
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts