Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help my v-rod won't start. The engine does'nt turn over but I hear the relay click. All lights and horn are okey. Should I jumpstart? Is okey from a car and how?

·
Registered
454 Posts
If the post below doesn't help download the electrical manual, it has a pretty good troubleshooting flowchart.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think they are talking about the main starter sol. Located on the left of the rad. Check both wires, the connections come loose but don't look like it cuz the wires are still on.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I brought this to the attention of the local dealer wrench, who was talking with another guy about an intermittent no-start of another v-rod. You could almost see the little light bulb go on when I told him. Let us know if that is your problem, jambimmer. Sure sounds like it to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you guys are so helpful. I dont know what to do without this forum. I was going to jumpstart my bike when I decided to look at loose connection in the solenoid which was posted here by somebody. The wire in the solenoid was loose. It starts now. But i a have concern about the engine light coming on for about 5 seconds then comes off. Any idea?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
jambimmer that is normal to get an engine light for 5-8 seconds after startup. It seems to be a false ghost code most of the time or it could be a code in history. If there is a current failure the light will stay on.

Max

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
max thanks for the replying quickly. when I swithc the kill switch to on the engine light comes on like it normally does then comes off. but after 3 seconds it goes on again for 5 seconds then it goes off. this happens even if the engine is not running. just making sure it is safe to ride it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts