Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the other posts on the above topic but no one else seem to have the challenge that I'm experiencing.

I'm trying to remove the inner fender and have already removed the two shock bolts on either side. I believe the only other two bolts holding the inner fender are beside the shock bolts.
However, I can't easily access them to get enough leverage on the wrench to be able to unscrew them. See attached pic

Any tips on how to get this done?
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I was able to take the mud guard off to be able to access it from the rear - still not alot of room but still better than before. It's in there tight and I still haven't been able to get it off.

I don't have a service manual... I believe it's a 19mm bolt.

Here are more pics.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Bottle
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Thanks for the response. I was able to take the mud guard off to be able to access it from the rear - still not alot of room but still better than before. It's in there tight and I still haven't been able to get it off.

I don't have a service manual... I believe it's a 19mm bolt.

Here are more pics.

View attachment 608763 View attachment 608764
Probably loctite patched from the factory so it will be pretty snug to break free. Custom bent wrench(s) with a pipe extension or remove the rear wheel to gain more room. If you think that's a tight spot, wait until you do the front motor mount.:( That's a real pain.
Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably loctite patched from the factory so it will be pretty snug to break free. Custom bent wrench(s) with a pipe extension or remove the rear wheel to gain more room. If you think that's a tight spot, wait until you do the front motor mount.:( That's a real pain.
Ron
Thx for the tip about the pipe.

Removed the license plate and brake light assembly at the rear to get more room while working by unscrewing the 4 x 10mm bolts.

Used the pipe from the floor jack to get more leverage and had to hit the bolts a few times to break them loose. There was no loctite on them and yet they were in pretty good.

For anyone that is looking at this for reference, the two bolts are 19mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts