Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed 28 tooth and relocated IAT sensor. Otherwise stock '02.

Called local dealer and he was totally confused about what flash to use. One guy told me he didn't think a flash would correct the speedo reading issue when a 28T is installed :banghead: ...

Anyone know what the right flash should be? Would stock '04 do it (has the 28T and relo IAT already), or is there another one? Part number if you have it?

Thanks -- first experience with "huh?" in calling dealer service -- gotta admit I was expecting them to be stumped over something tougher than this...

B

·
Registered
696 Posts
banglenot said:

Called local dealer and he was totally confused about what flash to use. One guy told me he didn't think a flash would correct the speedo reading issue when a 28T is installed :banghead: ...

Anyone know what the right flash should be? Would stock '04 do it (has the 28T and relo IAT already), or is there another one? Part number if you have it?

Thanks -- first experience with "huh?" in calling dealer service -- gotta admit I was expecting them to be stumped over something tougher than this...

B
I highly suggest you find another H-D service center. One that has a tech trained on the V-Rod, which this dealer obviously dosen't.

·
4,638 Posts
banglenot said:

B
I called the service manager in Austin for you and he stated that you need the following flash... 3277-048

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ricky --

Many thanks -- much appreciated. :notworth:

Now all I've got to do is find someone knowedgeable at a dealer, instead of on this Board!!!

B

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
That is a really sad fact, good luck finding 1 knowledgeable tech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts