Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all.

I have installed my brand new cfr after a 4 month wait. It seems Spain is far far away.(not that far)...

the thing is after installing it and starting the bike for the first time, i reallised the sound was way to high, my neibours wanted to kill me, and its normal, i never heard anything like this, its way too loud, unrideable or however you say that.

Cant any one help me to find , a vortex cone like the ones some of you have mounted, i need a web who sells to europe...

if you think the cone wont be enough what more could i do?

I love the looks, and after a 4 motnh wait i wouldnt like to take it off because of this.

Thank you all very much..

Regards from spain, and excuse any misspelling.:lamer:

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Have you been able to tune it correctly?? The CFR's are typically a very very deep rumble. Loud as hell?? Yep. But it's more deep, than high.

At any rate, I know there are cones to put in the pipe, and I would imagine that would be the only option other than removing the pipe, which you don't want to do--and I can't blame you! I have a CFR, and I love it.

Hopefully someone can point you in the direction of the cones...

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Welcome!!!

I had the CFR for a couple months and went back to a stock and then Hollow Points. Same reason... way too loud. I have close neighbors too. Nightmare swears by the Vortex cone, but it doesn't quiet it enough for me.

try:
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78278&highlight=vortex+cone

for some links. Don't know about shipping to Europe though.

Best of luck!

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Actually after checking the FAQ's with Summit racing it does look like they ship outside the US :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot, i will try with summit. any way ill take the bike to my dealer, and see if he can tune it better so the growl gets deeper instead of louder... im sure something is going wrong, because i love loud bikes but this is impossible to stand...

thanks!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
This is why I decided on not getting one. They look awesome, but are too loud for me. Also, my neighbors would really hate me (assuming they don't already) when I start the bike in the morning.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
This is why I decided on not getting one. They look awesome, but are too loud for me. Also, my neighbors would really hate me (assuming they don't already) when I start the bike in the morning.
Our neighbors might hate us. But I'm not really concerned with it. We have VROD's and they don't. :) Now, in other areas, I am considerate of my neighbors. My dog doesn't poop in their yard, we don't have loud music playing all hours of the night.....but I'm not sacrificing the sound of my pipe for their delicate ears :D We do try and be considerate about when we fire up the bikes. We try to refrain from starting them between the hours of 12:00 AM and 5:00 AM . Any other time, and I can't make promises :hidesbeh: :D

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Jegs.com. They ship anywhere. Search for vortex cone, 3 inch. Quiets it down just enough to be socially correct!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok , i feel retard, i have registered in aummit, and now trying to buy the cone, but theres no way or button to buy.. how do you buy here?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Ernie, if the cone doesn't quiet it down enough for you, you can always install a set of Big City Thunder "Thunder Monster" baffles. Link here. My bikes sound is still loud under load (116 dB's, thanks Max!) but it is very deep and rumbly. I think it sounds awesome!

Good luck and if you need help, this is definitely the place to find it! :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ear Plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have thunder headers and they were loud. My wife likes to ride with me a lot, but on the autobahn with a fullface it really rang your ears. I did some reading on these baffles and they really knocked down the high pitch. I can hold a conversation with someone while the bike is on. You mite want to give these a try.

http://www.khromewerks.com/
-202032 For 2" pipes (pr.) M.S.L. $42.99

Attachments

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
gstern75 said:
Ear Plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Mrs. Jones, I live next door and request that you start wearing earplugs on the days I start my bike.

:rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts