Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am in a pinch. I have a 2012 V-rod Muscle that was sitting in Jackson Hole wyoming for about 3 years. I recently got it shipped to Washington and riding it a few times oil is leaking everywhere. From the oil pan to the cylinder heads. I think the weather and sitting has messed with the gaskets but it is everywhere. I have looked all over and talked and I have heard everything from breaking down the entire motor ($$$) to find the gaskets all the way to "put stop leak in it and try and dump it".

It only has 600 miles and brand new. I took the air intake down the the filter and the air hoses are pushing a lot of air back up. she is weeping from each fin of the cylinder too

I feel there is pressure build in the crankcase but not sure what to do. The air intake and breathers might be blocked and making the pressure build up.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i have pics and vids. Getting into the warmer months makes me hesitant to put much heavier oil in....

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
The breather tubes are the first thing I would suspect. One from each cylinder into the lower air box. Check them for leaks, better yet replace them. They probably have cracks in them from lack of use and drying out.
Also when replacing the front one make sure the tube connects to the "brass bullet" and that the "brass bullet" has a viable O-Ring seated in the cyl head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. I keep hearing about the breather tubes so i will make sure they are good condition.

Thanks for the reply....is it a public post? Sorry again for not being well versed in it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts