Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The damn gate hit my vrod. Now my wheel is pointing sligjty to the right! How can i fix this? Forks and everything is lok fine

Thanks!!O

·
George
5,411 Posts
I can feel the love.....

Post some pix!

·
"Goobish"
473 Posts
take the wheel off.... and reinstall... torque to spec if it is still off then you need a new wheel or axel.... i wouldn't Fauk around with something like that due diligence is required with something like that

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
If the wheel isn't pointing straight when the bars are,take a good look at everything.If you can't see any broken or bent parts,loosen the clamps and the axle and line it back up.torque it all back in place and see what happens.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size is the axle nut?

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Damn how big of a gate are we talking about. On trail bikes sometime it's the handlebar and not the wheel thats off...we'd straddle the wheel and force the bar back straight and all was good again, till we hit something else anyway! lol!

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
The fork sliders could be twisted in the triple tree. Mine was once after my front wheel was hit from the side.
Fork slider are NOT in the triple tree,they can't be twisted, they are attached with the axel and the fender braket:chair: it's the fork tube that could be bent or twisted and the upper triple tree and handlebars it suks for ya

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
The damn gate hit my vrod. Now my wheel is pointing sligjty to the right! How can i fix this? Forks and everything is lok fine

Thanks!!O
i would do the fallaway procedure and lossen up pinch bolt and the top nut, to see if it all comes back strait. and jack up the bike see if wheel turn true

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here

PIC attached!

Attachments

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts

video of the incident

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
Could be the fender and/or mounting brace that is bent. I would pull the front fender off and then check the front wheel to see it it is aligned with the forks and handle bars.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Could be the fender and/or mounting brace that is bent. I would pull the front fender off and then check the front wheel to see it it is aligned with the forks and handle bars.
:them:
yep mounting brace

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hah funyn guys. No the gate closed on my whele, usually the gate stops..kind of liek an elevator. apparently they are having issues with the gate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts