Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've searched every tread but CAN NOT find the HOW TO wire to the fuse block!

I want to wire my GPS to the fuse block but I'm missing something! There is a open space with 1 wire coming in that I could tie to, however, I don't know what type of clip is needed for the new wire to insert where the fuse will then go!

Can any one help with step by step and pics?

Thanks!!

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
As I told you in my verbose PM, you will need to go to a dealer who has a friendly parts person who will work with you to look up the required part to insert in the fuse block. It can happen, that's how I got mine. This part then accepts the other end of a fuse, and provides a connection for your circuit.

There are a few people on this forum who are more 'electrical' than I am and can tell you what kind of connector it is and where else to get it, but I can't. The connector costs something like 85 cents.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
...I've searched every tread but CAN NOT find the HOW TO wire to the fuse block! ...
The wire terminals used for the ATM fuses in the VRSC fuse blocks are HD part # 72434-00. You need two for each fuse. On some years/models there are spare fuses inserted with a unused loop of wire connected to the spare fuse terminals.

Here are some threads that discuss fuse block and these terminals:
thread 1
thread 2
thread 3

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Ok, I've searched every tread but CAN NOT find the HOW TO wire to the fuse block!

I want to wire my GPS to the fuse block but I'm missing something! There is a open space with 1 wire coming in that I could tie to, however, I don't know what type of clip is needed for the new wire to insert where the fuse will then go!

Can any one help with step by step and pics?

Thanks!!
Are you looking for one of these ?

http://www.nightrider.com/parts/

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts