Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MxV-rod
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my Thundermax and offcourse proceeded to install it immediately no major issues until installing right head pipe O2 sensor, clearance betwin pipe and engine seems not allow the sensor to fit properly and I'm affraid the wire could get burned by the engine heat, anybody had this problem before ?

any suggestion to fix it ?

I just send an e-mail to Rosie the sales person asking her to directed me to the proper person but I wanted to ask you guys may be I'll find a quicker solution

Attachments

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
you will need to remove the O2 sensor, heat and "tweak" the O2 sensor bung to allow clearance. If you do not have a torch strong enough to heat adequately, take it to a auto shop and have them do it.
If you pop over to the EFI section under Thundermax, you will find lots and lots of post on this same issue.
Ride safe:thumb:

·
MxV-rod
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AOW

I loose the pipe from rear cilinder so I was able to thread the sensor in but as I expected the wire touch quite a bit the engine I thought maybe adding some asbesto shield around the wire will do, but your right even when I'm not very confortable in removing the pipe since gaskets may be damaged and will need to replace I think tweaking the bung is the correct fix.

I also read the EFI section I'm not very familiar whith the forum yet.

·
So. Cal. Cruzin'
101 Posts
You have to remove the pipe and "tweak it" I removed my exhaust pipe to it to work with me got out the tourch "sparkle wrench" heated the O2 bung cherry red and with a wet red wood plug pushed the bung a very little just enough to have the longer wide band o2 sensor to clear the rear cylinder. It is pretty easy to do!
Hope this helps!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
you would have to be fairly careless to damage the head pipe gaskets. It's not difficult at all.

·
MxV-rod
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it

You were right AOW carefully I removed head pipe and took it to a friend's shop he cut the welding reposition the bung and weld it again with some kind of wire welding, It work perfect let me tell that I was changing my stock muffler for a TAB so I could'n wait some more I just start it up and it's beautifull, it sounds exactly as I wanted to sound I still need to connect the lap for calibrate with software but I wanted to hear it first.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

·
MxV-rod
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks SABESIMPSON

I'm affraid I don't have such a tool to do it I'm wondering how much you tweak it in my case I believe it was too much for tweaking so I was happy to re-weld the bung instead of.

Thnks for the reply.

·
So. Cal. Cruzin'
101 Posts
No problem! Glad to be of some assistance! Enjoy your ride I sure do!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts