Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am taking my bike back to the dealership (i just bought it today 6 miles on it), on my ride home I had a problem. About 2 miles from hom there was smoke a burning smell coming from under my seat. Once I determined it was not my oil I went on am made it home. I think there is a leak in my coolant tank or a coolant hose as I have this reddish orange residue on my exhaust and below my seat.

Is any of this likely?

Any help you can provide would be great. I am slightly pissed and more than a bit frustrated.

Thanks.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Year and model of bike would be helpful.
With so few miles on it, it is possible that the smell was the waxes and polishes the dealer uses to beautify the bikes, burning off. Give it another go tomorrow and report back.
Burning coolant has a "sweet" smell to it.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
check the pressure cap and make sure it is all the way on

·
Premium Member
11,362 Posts
Does sound like coolant. They may have slobbered some on the pipes when filling it. Check the reservoir tank to make sure it is not overfilled. It's under the air box cover. DIg out your owners manual if you can't find it.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Another qualified service department!:banghead:
Las Vegas H-D did a great job on prepping my '11 Muscle and :notworth:Johnny (a HD mech. who has set records with his BAD ASS V-Rod at Bonneville Salt Flats) installed my luggage rack/back rest and windshield to perfection.
glad your bike is ok, enjoy!! and...
:vrodforu:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts