Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new battery in the fob. Nada. I disconnected the battery,waited and after the third time doing this I got it off. Rode the bike, came home, engaged the sytem. Now I can't get it to disegage again. I even took out the fuse. Nada. When I called the dealer he told me about the PIN with the turn signals. I called the guy I bought it from and he knew nothing about the PIN. Sooo, what is the Harley PIN or what do I do? I got the bike a month ago, used 3100 miles, 02 model, stock. Man, I dont want to put it in the truck for a C note Harley charge. Help! Can't ride so must shine?

·
Banned
924 Posts
Does it have a siren option or is it just the blinking lights? The siren option has it's own battery (it mounts under the seat on the plastic fender). It could be the problem...

If you can, get it to turn off again, replace the siren option, then try again. If that does not work, then leave it off till you get the pin figured out. Otherwise you're gona have to have HD dealer fix it...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got the owners manual? Towards the back it cover's all the steps necessary to disengage/reset, and change the PIN via the flasher's.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I do not have a siren. No, I do not have an owners manual. (A long frustrating story in itself.) Could ya'll tell me what the Owners manual says? In my first post I stated that the previous owner knew nothing about a PIN so what is the factory setting? Ride or shine? Give me a phone number and I could call.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Young1 the factory has a default pin, it does not matter if or what the original owner set the pin to the factory will over ride the system. The first thing to try to the fob again. Many have a hard time with the fob as it requires that to disarm that it be pushed twice and it has to be very fast.

I never set the fob alarm on either of my v-rods, usually the only person it will keep from taking the bike is the owner in my humble opinion.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max is right the FOB SUCKS!I had to have the dealer rescue my Dumb A$$ WHEN I FIRST GOT HER STUCK AT THE STORE! :banghead:

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Mine gives me problems getting it to turn off just keep trying hit the button 2 times then wait and try again mine does the same thing usually takes 2 or 3 tries. I'm with Max I don't use mine. :bs: :bs:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Max, I fell a bit silly but I just hooked up the Batt. and pushed the fob real fast how you said and it is OK. Funny though that I,ve been using the bike for a month with no prob. Now, How can I shut the system off for good so it doesn't keep me from taking my own bike as you say? ( never have liked alarm systems.)

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
My dealer said to hit the button 3 tomes instead of 2.Makes sure you got 2 pushes.

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I have had trouble with my fob not turning off the alarm also. Very frustrating for sure. I don't use it anymore. If you are going to leave it somewhere in public for a long time use a wheel lock. If 6 burly guys want to pick the sucker up and load it into a pickup, I cant stop them. I have extra theft insurance just in case.

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
I must be the lucky one, never had a problem with any part of the alarm, or fob..................seems odd doesn't it? :stooge:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If it doesnt automatically set after you shut the engine down, Just dont reactivate the alarm.

I wish I could take the alarm off my bike, :banghead: Throw it on the Ground, Stomp it a few times, get Kaz's Turbo Bike :kaz: and run over it really fast!!!!

(As you can tell, I really dont think I like that alarm System On My Bike)
:barf:

·
Registered
90 Posts
my favorite use of the alarm is for folks who don't know any better and want to sit on the bike, or turn the throttle. Silly folks jump nicely when the alarm beeps. Saves me having to whip them with their own arms.

So i mostly use it in public places, where I know somebody and their poorly-educated children will be drooling in the vicinity of my bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Look in your manual,(the one that came with your bike)page 52 under troubleshooting. It state's that sometimes your fob get's out of synchronization. To solve the problem,press and hold the fob for 10-15 seconds. The system respond's with two turn signal flashes. It should work after that. I had the same thing happen to me after the winter month's. Thank goodness I had the code to punch in. But I still had to synchronize my fob. I guess if you don't use it for a while that happen's,I guess.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts