Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
V-ROD User
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved my horn closer in today everthing was worked great. When for a small ride around town, when I got home this small wire was hanging out behind the horn. I can not find where it goes, I looked in the manuel but I cannot find this wire. I have a pic of it maybe someone can tell me where it goes. :helpme:

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It sure looks like the plug that plugs onto the horn itself.

Max

·
V-ROD User
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The horn works, there was two flat blade connectors for the horn. This one is a round connector looks like it should fit on a post or the end of a bolt.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Thanks god you did not take that pic in you underoos like that guy on ebay :cheers: :cheers:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
That hooks your Flux Capacitor to your Throttle respirator :eek:
I don't have a clue :banghead:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
that is one heavy duty wire. almost looks like a spark plug cable.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Check your oil pressure switch to see if it's hooked up. It is in the general area between the cylinders on the top of the crankcase. The wire could have been knocked loose while tugging on the horn wires. It is a single post connection. Hope that this helps...

·
V-ROD User
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It a wire. I took another pic of it. The bike runs and everthing works. It just bugs me to not know where it goes.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
yeah bbruce! that is what it looks like! darn, I was trying to figure it out....

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
bbruce65 said:
Check your oil pressure switch to see if it's hooked up. It is in the general area between the cylinders on the top of the crankcase. The wire could have been knocked loose while tugging on the horn wires. It is a single post connection. Hope that this helps...

I would give it this vote too...

check to make sure your oil light is working when you turn the key on and the bike is not running

edit: pull back the sheath a little and see what color the wire inside is... if it's Green w/Yellow striope, you got the oil pressure sender wire.

·
Registered
290 Posts
bbruce65 said:
Yes, I can confirm that it is the oil pressure sensor wire. The sensor is between the cylinders behind the horn. Tight place, but maybe with the horn removed you can squeeze in there or use needle nose pliers to snap it back on.

·
V-ROD User
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found were it goes!! It was the oil light I do not remember ever seeing the oil light when I turn the key on before. I hope it is just stupid me :hmm: I would hate to think that it has been unpluged all along.

Thanks for all the help. :notworth:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
cool bro! glad you found it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts