Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to change out my stock seat, but I can't get the cable off the seat. Is there a trick to getting that pin out?

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Always worked pretty easy for me. Might try some needle nose pliers.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The seat pin has a plastic sleeve that clamps on the center section that just pushes up so the seat will slide back and off. The cable take loose from the bike, reach underneath and align the tab so that it is parallel with the cable and it will pull right out of the hole.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Max said:
The seat pin has a plastic sleeve that clamps on the center section that just pushes up so the seat will slide back and off. The cable take loose from the bike, reach underneath and align the tab so that it is parallel with the cable and it will pull right out of the hole.

Thanks I gave up trying to get the cable of the seat, and just removed the end from the bike. It took about 5 secs. and the new seat was on.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey Frank Ii
There Is Retainer Spacer On The Main Seat Hinge That Must Be Removed(i Used A Flat Blade Screwdriver To Remove It)
1)rotate It Until You See A Split It In The Plastic Retainer Spacer 2)push With The Tool Until The Spacer Removed
3)move The Seat To The Rear And Away From The Bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts