Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out riding this weekend and pick up a rattle when I hit a bump or rought road. I stop & try to find what's wrong & don't see anything. :hmm: I hear it all the way home & it's bugging the sh!t out of me! :mad:
I put it on the lift in the garage & happen to look at the headlight :eek: I can't believe what I see!!! The little reflector thing inside the headlight came loose :eek:

Does anyone know if I can get the lens assembly apart to reattach it??? HELP! :confused:

Attachments

· VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the 'rod' back from the dealer today, they just put the reflector back in the slot :hmm: The guy at the counter didn't know what they did to try & keep it from happening again? :spank:
I'm guessing it's going to fall out again at the beginning of a long ride into the mountains... and then :hitfan:

· VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Happened again...

Well, as I guessed, it happened again :mad: That damn reflector fell out inside the headlight.
The dealer replaced it the first time, and it lasted almost 6 months, maybe 2500 miles. It's something you don't think about until it breaks.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this yet?
Anyone else had to deal with this???

· VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've been looking for another headlight also, but I'm going to try VotRod's fix on this one.
I've got Ricks 80w bulb in mine now, but the reflector fell off the first time before I had that.

· VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
feef said:
you can use some quicksteel paste.Just put a small piece of quicksteel in the reflector slut in the headlight and push firmly the reflector with your fingers ,you will have more time to do than with the glue
Haven't found the reflector SLUT yet, still looking :rofl2: Just kidding!

Finally got time to work on the light last night. Took it off & manuevered the tab back in the slot, but it wasn't tight :confused:
So I took it back out & saw that the spring-like retaining feature was not providing much resistance in the slot. So I held the piece with a pair of needle nose pliers and pushed up in the 'spring feature' to provide more holding force.
It was a lot harder to push in the slot, but it is also going to hold longer. Then I took my dremel and ground a hole in the plastic similar to VotROD's post & filled in with some metal epoxy. It's drying today, I'll take for a ride tonight.
This better fix it, I'm tired of messing with it! :banghead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.