Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
769 Posts
mine just fell out too. I just installed HID lighting, so I wondered if there was any connection, but probably not.

Time for surgery.

· Registered
769 Posts
I had it on since Saturday and have probably put 60 miles on with the HID lighting. I always thought halogen was hotter, so this is probably just a strange cooincidence. BTW, saw your HID lighting on Ebay, very nice!

· Registered
769 Posts
because it had the link to v-rodricks.com! figured there was only one :thumb: Ebay should be good for you.

Now you just need to sell the surgical tool for putting this damn reflector back in its groove. I may just look for another headlight and get it fedex'd or use this time (till I can get to it) to get the blue guages done.

· Registered
769 Posts
Ok, I'm with you Vrod-tlam. I got the light off last night, put electrical tape over the holes, and started shaving down the top of that rectangular nub (you can see that piece in VotROD's photo http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15705).

Looks like VotROD cut a couple slots in it and super glued. Since I don't have a dremel, I was wondering how far down I could cut off that nub and expose the end of the tab. Then I was going epoxy that bugger in at the end.

Another thought was if that tab did extend into that piece, you could drill a small hole through the piece and through the tab and put a tiny screw through there with some glue or silicon. That should never come out.

This brings up the question how far into that rectagular piece/nub does the tab extend?

· Registered
769 Posts
thank you again Votrod for showing us the fix on this. I got mine epoxied in and don't think it is going anywhere.

One stupid thing I did was neglect to tape off the hole on the inside of the light where the tab is exposed on the outside. I taped off the holes for the lights, but in my hurry to get back to riding it did not occur to me that as I cut into the base of that tab it would push dust through that channel into the light...doh!!

Also DON'T blow it out with your breath. The humidity in your breath makes a thin layer of condensation inside for dust to affix too (doh #2). Used a portion of micro-fiber cloth taped to an allen wrench to clean off the glass and the reflector best I could.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.