Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, folks... I need some advice and thoughts on this.

I took a demo ride at the local HD dealer, and have always lusted for a v-rod. So I rode both models, the new DX, and the 105th AW. I liked the DX a lot, but the bar position killed it. The AW was sweet, especially in the copper trim. Now, I can't get the [email protected] bike outa my head...

On to my dilemma, the dealer has some 07 VRSCAW on the floor that I think that they would be willing to deal on. Do you think it's worth the $$ to get the '08 instead of the '07. Missing pieces would be the new wheels, 1250cc, and the potential for ABS. The slipper clutch can be retrofit, so I call that a wash.

I conservatively estimate there to be about 2500 - 4000 diff in price.

Ok, what do you think?

-Paul

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
Get the '08. Custom wheels alone will cover that difference. The 1250 gets you well on the way to a bigbore if you decide to go that way at some point.... and if you keep hanging out around here you will. Welcome.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Get the DX and change the Bars, its the best looking bike out there. If you get That motorized carnival act called the 105 Anniversary one day you will awake and go "What the Hell was I thinking? Now I am a New Orleans Saints Fan with this 2 toned fiasco?".

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Go for whichever felt better. Bottom line is your gonna end up dumping tons of money into it anyways making it "yours" (some folks around here change skins like they change undies). I would say consider the things you'll change yourself. If you really prefer the feel of the DX, get that, but if you like the extra power of the 1250, the 105 anniversary bike is the route. It's much cheaper to change handlebars then it is to bore the engine. Ask yourself this. Would you have bought the wheels on the aniversary bike if you were buying custom rims, or would you have picked up something different? If something different, odds are you're gonna dump a couple grand into new rims in a couple of years anyway.

I bought a VRSCA because my wife liked the Impact Blue color. The bike is now red. I wanted the B because of the black frame. The frame is still silver! Good luck with whatever you get. You're gonna have a blast!

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Its like everybody else is saying get the bike you feel best about. You WILL be dumping money into it so get the best platform for your dream bike.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
the one you like best!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
luxlamf said:
Get the DX and change the Bars, its the best looking bike out there. If you get That motorized carnival act called the 105 Anniversary one day you will awake and go "What the Hell was I thinking? Now I am a New Orleans Saints Fan with this 2 toned fiasco?".
:rofl:

That's fantastic!!! The copper is such a nice color though.... but I'm not a big saints fan... Hmmm...

"That motorized carnival act"

LOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys,

The real question here is one of value. I am a little reserved about pumping 20 large into a bike, and then having to add pieces. If the '08 pieces are worth the extra, I'd hate to find out that I just bought an '07, and now regret not adding a little and getting more bike.

Does anybody think that '08 is going to be one of those defining model years that separate the pack? I'm not sure. Is the 1250 really that much better of a motor? I just don't have enough background to decide yet.

-Paul

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
Get the 1250 with the wheels the engine is not "better" but like has been said when you get the itch to do more hi proformance and you will my brotha...you're already in the ballpark.....save you $ for all the other chrome goodies you will SURELY buy.....as far as adding....regardless of what you buy..you will start making it your own the 1st day....

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
luxlamf said:

Get the one you like and make it fit.

WTF lux, ain't nothing wrong with loving dem SAINTS.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
I agree get the one you want. The DX is nice but they are everywhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think you already made up your own mind. If you can't get the AW out of your mind that is the bike you want. Just get it you wont be disappointed.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
LIUNARep said:
Get the one you like and make it fit.

WTF lux, ain't nothing wrong with loving dem SAINTS.
no tthere isnt but after you fork over the 20k and you take a closer look 8 months down the road and go " gawddammit I wish someone had told me". I am very helpful Have they made one that says Ringling Bros. on it yet? I hear they give you a rubber nose, curly red wig and big shoes when you pick it up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
luxlamf said:
Have they made one that says Ringling Bros. on it yet? I hear they give you a rubber nose, curly red wig and big shoes when you pick it up.

Actually, now that you mention it, the dealer has on it's front roto-display, an '07 purple and white, w/ red stripes Heritage Softtail that I think meets this criteria.....

:yak:

-Paul

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
luxlamf said:
no tthere isnt but after you fork over the 20k and you take a closer look 8 months down the road and go " gawddammit I wish someone had told me". I am very helpful Have they made one that says Ringling Bros. on it yet? I hear they give you a rubber nose, curly red wig and big shoes when you pick it up.
If it aint Anodizes, it ant $hit! Right Lux? :spank:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts