Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FireBum
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left for work and instead of hitting second it went to neutral. I pulled half a dozen times and got second. On each upshift it felt like the shifter would only move half the normal distance and required many attempts to shift. At the first stoplight the downshifting process was rough and took many pushes to reach first. After that I could not find second again. When I turned around for home I tried to shift without the clutch and was able to get as far as third but then could not get out of third. In the driveway without running it wont go past neutral. When running it goes as far as second. I rode it about 100 miles the day before and it was smooth as ever the whole time and then overnight this happens.

The shifter is moving freely and the shifter shaft is turning but not much is happening on the inside. I fear shifter fork damage. Any ideas?

·
FireBum
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that was my first action because it has in the past bound up a little bit. That didn't help. It moves easily and with normal travel. I'm going to try to get Ray to look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts