Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fisher of Men
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you read the box for tuning purposes with out the color guide? I have a four post Gils box but there are no colors on the different posts! :banghead: Do you read the box from left to right; Far left- Green, next post to the right yellow, then Red?

I searched for this but could not find anything on it or any pictures. I started it and the lights are some help but not much. What about the last post what setting should it be set to?

Thanks in advance!

God Bless, JC

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
shurshot said:
How do you read the box for tuning purposes with out the color guide? I have a four post Gils box but there are no colors on the different posts! :banghead: Do you read the box from left to right; Far left- Green, next post to the right yellow, then Red?

I searched for this but could not find anything on it or any pictures. I started it and the lights are some help but not much. What about the last post what setting should it be set to?

Thanks in advance!

God Bless, JC
You've got it. Green is far left, Yellow next, then red. The last pot is the RPM setting, you shouldn't need to change that one.

·
Fisher of Men
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nate552, I was hoping I had it right. Well after a quick tune it was still running like junk so I switched out the plugs on the injectors and suprise I had them backward. Now she runs like the wind. Did not have time to fine tune her before work and it is suposed to rain, so I will get to it later.

Thanks to all for your help! As usual the people on this site rock!

Ride Safe and God Bless, JC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts