Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys , I have a 2005 vrscse , I'm looking for mid controls and am finding it confusing
as to what years are compatible and any place I might find some used , new or after market.
sorry for the noob questions but I'm not much headway with my search.
Thank You, tmmikko

·
EXCELSIOR
8,575 Posts
Here's an auction listed on ebay, you'll still need the right side frame section though, and probably have to drill and tap the mounting holes on the left side of the frame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn’t someone putting together a list of people who wanted so swap forward for mids? I remember seeing a post awhile back about it.
I would be glad to swap forwards for mid controls , how would find it. this is the first forum I have Joined. I also have the hard V rod Corbin saddle bags I really don't need
Thank You , Tom

·
EXCELSIOR
8,575 Posts
Look at the lower left rear frame triangle, below and rearward from the swingarm pivot. You see two raised "bosses" cast into the section there. These should be drilled and tapped for bolts, if not that will need to be done for peg bracket attachment.
As for the right side the peg bracket is included in that batch of parts I linked to you earlier. However I think the master cylinder bolts to a bracket that is part of the frame rail. It's been years since I saw the particular parts so I'm going on memory for this.

·
VRSC est -03
3,154 Posts
Wasn’t someone putting together a list of people who wanted so swap forward for mids? I remember seeing a post awhile back about it.
I think it was Keith:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I was. It just was everybody looking for mids and nobody having them though. I am working on new mids now.

Also if you have a pre2007 bike, stock mids will NOT work. You don't have the mount on the shift side lower frame triangle for the pegs. I will be making a version for the pre2007s but it will be after the regular ones.

-Keith

Reactions: Ceigenberger

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys , I have a 2005 vrscse , I'm looking for mid controls and am finding it confusing
as to what years are compatible and any place I might find some used , new or after market.
sorry for the noob questions but I'm not much headway with my search.
Thank You, tmmikko
i have a set of complete Mids / Brake set (Swapped my forwards). If i cant get them installed on my VRSCAW, i will let you know. im sure these will fit yours lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts