Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
New to the forum but things look great.

I had the mis-fortune of having my 03 v-rod knocked off its stand by a kind lady driver (B..ch).

The air box cover (aniversary black/silver) had a small dent in it and is being replaced by the insurance - all this happended last September and I together with my local dealer here in the Uk are waiting for a new cover to arrive. Has anyone else had similar problems with parts being on back order.

Does anyone have an email address of HD customer services in Milwakie so I can at least give them some ear- bashing

Many Thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
icehawk,

Unfortunately, the Owner's Manual doesn't list an e-mail address for the Customer Service Center. However, here are their address and phone number. Hope that this helps.

Attention: Customer Service Department
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
P.O. Box 653
Milwaukee, WI 53201

Tel: (414) 343-4056

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Icehawk, not sure how much they are charging you for the new airbox cover, I think I might know of a dealer that has a brand new set of take off skins that were exchanged for the painted sets. It seems like they quoted me $650.00 for the entire set and they were the silver with black center, if interested I could call them and see if they still have them.

Max

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Max

Thanks Max for the info - the lady`s insurance are paying for the replacement cover so I think I will have to wait for HD to suply one - when I don`t know !! I can`t see why it should take them six months to suply a part which you think would be a stocked item. I just thought that it may be HD in the UK that are not providing the service. - Regards

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Well maybe someone like Rick Nielson will catch this thread and can have his parts dept check and see if they are currently available.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
After I purchased my bike I noticed some flaws in the silver paint below the emblems and notified the dealer of this. They ordered the part and said that it will take quite awhile for the part to come in so I should just keep the bad one for now and when winter comes bring it in and they will call me when the new one comes in. I brought in the bad one at the beginning of January and still don't have the replacement. My dealer said that all painted parts have been behind lately even a plain black fender for an Electra Glide Standard has been a couple of months.

Ken

·
Registered
454 Posts
Max, if it's not too much troubles can you see if they still have the set? I might be interested in it. It's an anniversary one, correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think you will find that just about all HD painted parts take no less than 6/12 weeks to get unless its a front fender that hasnt changed in 10/20 years. DH

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
I bought a new impact blue cover in Nov. Only took about 4 wks. Bought it from Crystal River. $389.00. Bought some other goodies with it. Rack, fork nut covers,axle nut covers, brought it up to $500.00 so they paid the freight. Btw the cover was shipped to Crystal River then to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a big difference in delivery time for painted parts that are current production vs. painted parts that are not in production ( like 2 tone '03 tins) Usually a painted part will take 6 - 8 weeks in the USA. That is why it is so easy to get current production colors quickly. I got led spoilers for my black '03 road glide in about a week and a half while my chopped tour pak w/anniversary stripes took about 8 weeks even though they were ordered at the same time, lots of people need black tour pack spoilers, I don't think too many were buying the chopped tour pak w/stripes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts