Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PEPE
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find out before i exhaust all my options and give in to going to any stealer.

My '08 VRSCDX died on me on the way home from work friday nite. (Thanks DXFred for the help)

I have checked and rechecked all wiring and cables, fuses and everything i could think of. Even left the battery charging overnight with a battery tender.

I get three diagnostic codes:

b1121 - turn signal (cause of LEDs)
b1122 - turn signal as well
b1155 - neutral switch to battery short ( i have no idea what to do about this one.

Please help with any advice you can give me.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I need to find out before i exhaust all my options and give in to going to any stealer.

My '08 VRSCDX died on me on the way home from work friday nite. (Thanks DXFred for the help)

I have checked and rechecked all wiring and cables, fuses and everything i could think of. Even left the battery charging overnight with a battery tender.

I get three diagnostic codes:

b1121 - turn signal (cause of LEDs)
b1122 - turn signal as well
b1155 - neutral switch to battery short ( i have no idea what to do about this one.

Please help with any advice you can give me.
It’s kind of hard to make suggestions from what you’ve posted.

The B1121 and B1122 are output faults on both turn signal circuits. These can be caused by shorts to ground or when a LED or incandescent bulb fail.

The B1155 is not a “neutral switch to battery short” it’s a “neutral switch short to ground”. This DTC is set when the neutral switch is triggered on for more than 60 s at speeds > 10 MPH (16 km/h). If you coast in neutral this DTC is going to set.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Yeah, that's the correct error, how do i fix that?
Which one? If you’re referring to the B1155 DTC and you weren’t coasting in neutral, then you need to find a short to ground in the tan colored wire that goes to the neutral switch as well as checking the neutral switch itself. If the wire and switch check out OK then it might be the TSSM.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Yeah the correct error is b1155.

I figured out that much.

At the risk of sounding dumb: what is the TSSM????
Sorry. Acronyms can be a PITA at times.

TSSM = turn signal / security module. Your ’08 actually has either a TSM = turn signal module or an HFSM = hands free security module but regardless it's the device that’s setting the B1155 DTC.

Are you sure this is a “current” code and not “historic”? IOW, have you cleared the code to see if it resets again. If it doesn’t reset then there might not be a problem.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Z-Rod,
those codes should not cause your bike to die. What is the status of the bike now? Will it start at all? Running issues (Stalling, missing, burping etc)?

·
PEPE
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rusty G, i tried restarting it, it would turn over but then just choke up or die, then after a bit of trying it would just flicker like the starter wasn't being allowed to work. Im at odds.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Remove that Power commander and try starting it again. It won't hurt to run the bike for a short while without it. I wouldn't stress test it however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.