Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me with this in the next few hours, so I can get the part order and have it in when the shift rod comes in.

I have a D model and am looking to do the dual shifter mod, my local dealer is not any help what so ever, so thank god for this forum.

I have the shift pedal, longer bolt, and the shift rod is on order, I'm needing the part number for the piece that goes in between the the shift pedal and peg and I'm unsure if it would be a different part number then the D model. I need to keep my the highway pegs upfront so that they can still be pulled in when bringing into my basement. Hopefully I can just get this part and not all the peg together.

Can someone help a fellow rodder out before the dealership closes today?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
It is a different part - on the D, it is black and has a large diameter shaft. You need an "A" style CLEVIS # 42584-01. It is Chrome, but will be covered by the shifter pivot - what I'm saying is that it doesnt look odd even it the brake side remains black with the highway peg support. That's the way I run.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
If you are talking about the part that holds the left forward peg out from the frame, the part on which your new forward shift lever will pivot, then yes.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
You're welcome - and BTW - on second thought, it's polished, not chrome. But the big fat highway peg support it replaced is black - or at least the barrel covering it is bleack. No matter - the Clevis doohickey is what you need.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it must be cold in hell b/c the dealership had one in stock. had them hold it for me until the shift rod comes in, can't wait to get this setup on and working.:biker:

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
06ROD said:
it must be cold in hell b/c the dealership had one in stock. had them hold it for me until the shift rod comes in, can't wait to get this setup on and working.:biker:
Piece of cake - five minute install. I wish you'd posted - I have an extra forward shift linkage and shift lever - could've saved you a couple of bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts