Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to sell the V-Rod and get either a 2008 or something else. Haven't decided yet.

Anyway, the bike is a 2002 with 12,000 miles. Has a JE Illusions paint set, Hog-Pro rims, rotors and pulley. 28T gear, chrome swingarm, forks, levers, hydraulics, sundowner seat, billet headlamp and comes with the original rims, tires, pulley, rotors and headlamp.

How much do you think I can get for it as is with the original parts. Pics in my gallery.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Are you sitiing down, I would like to think $14k +++ but as you know these bikes dont fetch a lot.. Im thinking $12kish..

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Put the stock stuff back on it and sell the add-ons here on the forum or E-Bay..... I doubt you will get what you want out of it with all the custom stuff and the associated investment. Those of us that bought the early models (or in my case the limited edition tins) are looking at a big loss compared to what the new models are going for....

Divide and Conquer....

Good luck and keep us posted.

HoldHard

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
HoldHard said:
Put the stock stuff back on it and sell the add-ons here on the forum or E-Bay..... I doubt you will get what you want out of it with all the custom stuff and the associated investment. Those of us that bought the early models (or in my case the limited edition tins) are looking at a big loss compared to what the new models are going for....

Divide and Conquer....

Good luck and keep us posted.

HoldHard
If you do this I would like dibs on the billet headlamp Thanks

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it listed for $12,750 on craigslist right now, so I am in the ball park. I know I will never get the money back for the mods, just curious what you thought it would fetch.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Post the link to the ad...

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Thats a good price on a nice bike with some serious mods, if you cant get what you want then either give it to me.......or keep it..

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I remember, you were so EXCITED about getting that paint job, now you want to seel it? I must be missing something here.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hell, Gazoo's bike has been 4 colors in the past week. I guess I am tire of it already, plus I have another bike.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is this a scam?

sure sounds like one to me

Hello,

I see you have a bike for sale. Would you be willing to ship it overseas if I send you a cashier's check. I live in the Republic of Aruba and own a shipping company, so it is no cost to me. I will give you what you want for the vrod plus 1000 dollars to crate it up so I can have a truck sent to where you will ship if from. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Anthony

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
mnerren said:
sure sounds like one to me

Hello,

I see you have a bike for sale. Would you be willing to ship it overseas if I send you a cashier's check. I live in the Republic of Aruba and own a shipping company, so it is no cost to me. I will give you what you want for the vrod plus 1000 dollars to crate it up so I can have a truck sent to where you will ship if from. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Anthony
Sure looks like one. Does he work at sddpc.org :angeldev:

·
Jetlagged
241 Posts
Mike,
a quick search on Flea Bay, there is a 2002 with some chrome and 3,700 miles with no bidds at a starting price of $9,000 4 days left. It looks like clean low mile 2002 are going for the $9500-11,000 range. Unfortunatly custom add ons only get 20% of what you paid to have them put on. Most people want to customize the bike to their tastes. Things in your favor are right time of year and what might be available in your area. If your bike is the only one on the market in the JAX area you might be able to get your price. I agree tht you might want to take the aftermarket stuff off and get 60-70 cents on the dollar and sell the bike stock assuming you have the stock stuff. Good luck and great looking bike.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheatin said:
Sure looks like one. Does he work at sddpc.org :angeldev:

I'm not sure, I did a search and found that is the San Diego Data Processing Corp. I guess I am not following the connection. Do you work there?

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
mnerren said:
I'm not sure, I did a search and found that is the San Diego Data Processing Corp. I guess I am not following the connection. Do you work there?
:angeldev: Who, me? Ah, just havin' a little fun with my shipping company from Aruba.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheatin said:
:angeldev: Who, me? Ah, just havin' a little fun with my shipping company from Aruba.
You ****er, you got me on that one.

·
1,016 Posts
Cheatin, u r 1 funny mf'r, I'm dyin over here.
THAT IS COMEDY!!!:notworth:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts