Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help make my V Rod fit like a glove

Owned my 04 V Rod (vivid black) for nearly 2 months now and still can't believe just how incredible this machine is. You all know from whatever angle we look at our bikes, there is nothing else on the road that compares to the V Rods awesome power and stealth looks. I can just stare at it for hours dreaming of what other accessories I should add and taking long trips down long open roads.
Anyhow, back to the issue at hand. I am 6'6" tall, weigh nearly 250lbs, and wear a size 15 shoe. Certainly not your average V- Rodder but certanly wouldn't dream of owning anything else. Any suggestions on making this bad boy a bit more comfortable ie: bars, foot controls etc.? Changed to the Sundowner Seat which is great and changed mirrors to Kuryakyn Magnums with long stems. They look awesome and I now can see beyond my shoulders when riding. Also, wind is a major problem, I often campare my riding on a windy day to an individual walking out of a local Home Depot attempting to carry an 8ft sheet of plywood through a hurricane. Any thoughts on aleviating that problem?? Thought about a windshield but don't want to have all of the wind gushing at my head and don't want to destroy the lines of the bike
By the way, I have read some recent threads from other Forum members who have been given lip by owners of other Harley products. All I can say is we have the new drop dead gorgeous girl who has moved into town residing at our homes and we get to ride her as hard and as often as our hearts desire. The others are just exhibiting their insecurities and will hopefully soon break out of their bubbles and join the remainder of the people who view this bike as a true work of art. Drive safely!!!!

·
Here for the ride
355 Posts
Big Vrodder,

I think you'll find lots of posts about windshields and the various solutions that were accomplished. Here's my experience. I had the super sport windshield and hated it. I replaced the Lexan (thereby reusing the ss hardware) with the sport windshield. This does a nice job of deflecting the wind off my chest while keeping the wind that's in my face manageable and actually enjoyable.

I'm with you, although the larger windshields will solve your problem, they change the look that I think you (and I) are going for with this ride.

good luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the big riders club :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
What you probably want is the extanded foot controls from www.ride-inn.de

VrodG has them. I want to buy some, but they are not available right now, so I've been bugging VrodG to get me some up-close pics of his so I can reverse engineer them to have them made locally (with extra length if needed)

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The extended foot controls the Steve and http://www.v-mod.com/ sells seem to work well and are reasonable. I think getting your feet out a little more and straightening your legs will help with the airflow too.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Mike ... Steve sells a great product, but as tall as we are they are a bandaid not a fix. At 6.6 the 100 mm ride controls could stand to be 150 mm

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Ditto everything above - drag bars, extended pegs etc. Also, there are seats that put you a lot further back as well I think - like the mustang? As for wind, try the sport to take the wind off your torso. It will still blow around your head, which is roughly the height of a 3 story building for chrissakes!, but it should be clean air. Other than a touring windshield, which I doubt would be tall enough anyway for you, you have to realise options are a tad limited - certain physical characteristics you just can't change mate!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Corbin dual touring seat moves you back and sets better than the stock POS!
I think I said that before!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts