Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Only on a VRSCD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I need some help, advice or something. I purchased the V&H Comp 2 into 1 exhaust last year along with a SE tuner for the remap. After the installation was finished and riding it for a bit, I noticed the drop in the fuel mileage but didn't think too much of it. But now, I'm thinking something needs to be done with the mapping of the FI. Here's the question I have, can I adjust the fuel with the tuner that I purchased from Harley, even though I have no software for the tuner or should I purchase another fuel management tuner? Thanks in advance for any help. FYI, I've lost about 50% of my fuel mileage.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
are you basing your mpg on gallons you actually put in the tank during a pit stop or by your fuel gauge?

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Alright, I need some help, advice or something. I purchased the V&H Comp 2 into 1 exhaust last year along with a SE tuner for the remap. After the installation was finished and riding it for a bit, I noticed the drop in the fuel mileage but didn't think too much of it. But now, I'm thinking something needs to be done with the mapping of the FI. Here's the question I have, can I adjust the fuel with the tuner that I purchased from Harley, even though I have no software for the tuner or should I purchase another fuel management tuner? Thanks in advance for any help. FYI, I've lost about 50% of my fuel mileage.
What are your mpg now?

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
You bought the tuner, which is just the interface used to connect the ECM, to the computer with the tuning software on it. If they just dropped a "canned" tune into the ECM, it's probably not correct for your configuration, as HD canned tunes (that come from Harley), are for HARLEY PARTS (screaming eagle exhaust, etc.).

If they didn't do a FULL DYNO TUNE on the bike, you likely dont have a GOOD TUNE, and both mileage and performance will suffer as a result.

Purchasing an SEPST doesnt include a dyno tune, only the Harley supplied ones. Some dealers may have built thier own libraries if they do a lot of V Rod tuning, but this usually isn't the case.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts