Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
Assuming you installed a DESTROYER 58, you need to turn down the set screw on the right side of the Front TB, they are pre set to 2000 RPM for the RACE BIKE, turn yours down to approx 1200 RPM

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
Also check all the connections, IAT sensor etc, make sure they are all well seated.

Also your MAP in the ECM needs to be adjusted to compensate for the increased fuel delivery factors.

Pull the codes, then clear them.

Once all is set up correctly, you should not get any codes

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
Looking at your other thread.

I see your running PC-V with auto tune, I am not familiar with it, check with those who know more about base-lining it to the new conditions your bike is running under.

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
If you just slapped the injectors in and the throttle body on, hoping the autotune would take care of things, you're in for a world of hurt. You'll need to at least baseline this somewhat, since the destroyer injectors crank out ~25% more fuel.

If you have nothing more than the 58MM TB, you would be better served going back to the stock injectors, as the output and spray pattern are not optimal for your engine configuration.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Get rid of the silly auto tune that you wasted your money on.Buy a Super Tuner.Put the stock ecm back on the bike and take the bike to a person that owns and knows how to use the tuner on a dyno.

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Assuming you installed a DESTROYER 58, you need to turn down the set screw on the right side of the Front TB, they are pre set to 2000 RPM for the RACE BIKE, turn yours down to approx 1200 RPM
I agree, same thing happened to me. Just adjust the set screw and you will be fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do I need to take the airbox cover back off to get to this setscrew, I do see a screw on the right side of the rail and it has a spring on it. Is that it? I adjusted that screw until it was all the way out and it brought it down a little but not much, not to where it needs to be it is stilll running about 1500 to 1700 rpm. Other than that the bike runs alot smother on the road and the auto tune is dumbing it down but I can't believe how much smoother it is and the acceleration is much better. All I need now it to get this idle right.

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
What set-up you are using for the auto tune? There should be an idle setting it it or you can try holding the throttle plates closed at the butterflys to see it the idle comes down. If it does, the throttle linkage or cables may not be set tight.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cajan VRSCF my phone number is 931-538-9267 can you give me a call so I can try to get this idle problem fixed, I am pulling my hair out.:notworth:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I took the covers back off and looked at the butterflies as the motor was running and the butterflies are completely closed while it is running. Also that screw on the right side is as loose as I can get it the head of the screw is not touching the tab. So this tells me that it is adjusted to max and then some, so I am starting to think it could be the linkage improperly adjusted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I take that back about 1500-1600, also the engine light comes on until I put my finger on that screw and press on that tab, the idle goes down slightly and it is enough to make the light go out. Until I let off of that tab and then the light comes on again. So I think the eng light has to do with the high idle.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
the screw on the butterflies isn`t really an idle speed adjust.. if it is adjusted too loose the butterfly`s can wedge or stick in the throttle bores.. that can cause problems of the butterfly`s wearing badly and the bore being worn also.. the iac should control the idle speed..i think the linkage between the the 2 throttle plates is not adjusted properly.. adjust the screw in enough to to were you can just see a sliver of light around the plate and then adjust the linkage to get the other throttle plate exactly the same

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
the screw on the butterflies isn`t really an idle speed adjust.. if it is adjusted too loose the butterfly`s can wedge or stick in the throttle bores.. that can cause problems of the butterfly`s wearing badly and the bore being worn also.. the iac should control the idle speed..i think the linkage between the the 2 throttle plates is not adjusted properly.. adjust the screw in enough to to were you can just see a sliver of light around the plate and then adjust the linkage to get the other throttle plate exactly the same
:them:

Agree partially, idle the set screw should be touching the tab, not too loose.

The IAC fine tunes the idle when warm and gives you more air during cold warm up (higher idle) until it steps back to normal operating temps.

Carb Styx or vacuum gages would help to verify the calibration of the linkage between the two butterfly's, mine were spot on from the factory, they should not be touched unless you have the calibration tools to check and re-set them.

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
On the rear side of the throttle body near the rear cylinder. Looks like 150 on your diagram. Glad I could help.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts